Hi everyone. Welcome to another Friday of setting our focus and looking for things to be thankful for. Please join with us if you haven't already.
1. quote on gratitude...this from Max Lucado's fb page and his new book
Along with FFF I love these kinds of little reminders and definitions of gratitude and what cultivating it in our lives does. Makes me mindful and intentional. And it's true, gratitude does make you look at the good things in our lives rather than placing our focus onto everything negative.
2. First butterflies of the year spotted. As the kids and I were outside playing this week we spotted at least 3 different kinds of butterflies within a couple of hours. The small, fluttery white cabbage butterflies, some beige-y peachy colored ones and our swallowtail is back. The lovely swallowtail didn't land so that I could take a picture but here's one from a couple years back.
3. Movie date with hubby. Saturday afternoon my favorite guy and I went to the movies to see the last installment of Pirates of the Caribbean. Hubby loves the 3D and there was a showing in the afternoon in that format so off we went. We like going in the afternoon as opposed to the evenings because it is not as crowded. I must say both of us really enjoyed the show. We were going with a bit of trepidation because the Pirates franchise has been hit and miss for us. We loved the 1st, really disliked the 2nd and 3rd, liked the 4th. I thought it was a nice wrap up. And sheesh, I even shed a few tears. Who would have thunk.
4. Gift of spaghetti squash. An old friend whom I haven't seen for many, many years out of the blue private messaged me on facebook and asked if I wanted spaghetti squash. They were given way more than they could eat and she remembered from eons ago, I'm talking about 30 years, that we had first tasted spaghetti squash at their house and loved it. When I arrived she gave me 4 big squash. But what made this most special was the fact that she remembered that. Gave me the warm fuzzies, it did.
5. God's grace extended in the midst of tragedy. There was a very sad tragic death in our church body this week. And in the midst of the pain, what is a blessing is to see the congregation gather around the family in support and love, being there for them in whatever way they can even though they do not know most of them.
What were your favorite blessings and what are you thankful for this week?