Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Thanks for joining in with me again to look for the blessings that God brings into our ordinary days, making sure we are grateful for them. Some days it's easy and other days its harder but one thing I know is that the more we develop hearts of gratitude the more we see things to be grateful for. I'm grateful to have you join in with me every Friday.
~birthday celebration~ last weekend we celebrated my brother-in-law as he turned 65. We've known him many a year, since we were all in our 20's. We gathered over a delicious dinner of Chinese food and ice cream cake to mark his milestone birthday. Thanful for all the years we've known him.
~play date~ I had a play date with a little friend who used to attend my dayhome. We built a special relationship and we still get together occasionally. She's 10 now and I'm thankful she still likes to spend some time with me. So this long weekend we played a round of black light mini golf and went for ice cream. It was fun catching up with her and all she is doing.
~new garage doors~ we have lived in our house for 33 years and we've been toying with the idea of new garage doors for years. They'd become very noisy, in bitter cold they would stick and I'd have to get out of the car and strong arm the door up, after every winter paint would peel off in chunks and one year one of the springs broke. But you know how life is, other things just always seemed to come along that took priority. But this summer when the lining and insulation broke away from the door and fell on top of the car as we were backing out, scaring the living daylights out of us, we said enough was enough, it was time. This week was installation and now we have nice, quiet, safe doors that don't require painting every year.
~the smell after a rainstorm~ it was rainy here during the week end and I made sure to open windows at some points just to let in that wonderful, fresh smell.
~fall routines~ while I love the easy going days of summer, I do love getting back to fall routines. The dayhome kids seem to do better with routines and I love the rhythm it brings to the days and evenings.
What were you grateful to God for this week?


No comments:
Post a Comment