Hi everyone. Welcome back to Friday's Fave Five. Thanks for popping by and joining in with me as I work to develop making spotting my blessings more prevelant in my life thank noticing the trials. My goal with the FFF is ultimately to have a focused heart on being grateful for all the good blessings God sends into my ordinary days. Thanks for joining in with me.
~ good steaks from a local butcher ~ Sunday we had an incredible dinner of AAA rib eye steaks grilled on the bbq. The kids had pooled together and gotten Dave a gift card to a local butcher shop. The perfect gift for him! I'm the steak griller of the family and after many years of either underdone or over done steak I finally have a knack for it and they were perfect done: medium well for him, medium for me and rare for Tamara.
~ Tamara popping in ~ another Sunday blessing was Tamara popping in for a visit. She'd come to town for a wedding and txted Sunday asking if we were around for quick visit. I feel so blessed that my kids want to come and see us.
~ morning air coming through open windows ~ it's been hot here the last couple of weeks but in the mornings when I get up it's still in the teens so we open up all the windows and let that lovely cooler, fresh morning air in.
~ week off ~ this has been my vacation week and the rest has been most welcome. Though we didn't go anywhere because I didn't think my knee could handle long hours in the car with an anxious dog standing/sitting on me. But it's been nice to sleep in, start the day slow and easy, take short walks in the cooler mornings, drink my coffee slowly reading a book and putz around the house. Though I'm disappointed we didn't go anywhere on vacation I am very grateful for the time off.
~ neighborhood crew ~ spotted on one of our morning walks, we saw this boy's club enjoying the shade at a home a few blocks from ours. While I knew we had a neighborhood buck hanging around for a few years now, this is the first time I've ever seen four of them together at the same time. So fun to see, but we made sure we crossed the street to go by and kept our eye out that we weren't spooking them.
What were your favorite blessings from the passed week? What lifted you up, made you smile, gave you joy, made your everyday easier or just made you aware that God was sending a blessing to you?



No comments:
Post a Comment