Friday, July 24, 2026

Friday's Fave Five #891~




Welcome to Friday's Fave Fives.  Every Friday we are pausing and choosing where to put our focus and that is on our blessings.  No life is perfect.  Things happen in every life that are hard and stressful.  But every life also has blessings even if it's just making it through that day intact.  Here we are training our hearts and minds to put the main focus on our blessings, being grateful to God for bringing them into our everyday lives.  Please join us as we share five of our favorites from the past week.  


~ air conditioning ~ I am so thankful for the blessing of air conditioning this week as it has been hot.  For some of you, our hot is your norm, but for us this extended period of days that reach into the '90's is not what we are used to so I'm thankful for a cool house.


~ understanding dayhome parents ~ between my knee appointments and a couple of other things I've had to open late or close early a couple of times in the last couple weeks and I'm so thankful my dayhome parents have been supportive and understanding.  I know it puts them out and I try and avoid closures as much as I can.  So thankful for the families I have in my childcare.


~ visits with friends ~ I was blessed to have visits with a few friends I haven't seen in awhile.  One has moved to another province and the other has had a lot going on in life and the third is a couple Hubby and I are friends with and  we had dinner out.  It was so nice to catch up and encourage one another.  Thankful for friends that no matter the distance or time we can just be comfortable with when we get together.


~ books that make you think ~ I love when you pick up a book, whether non-fiction or fiction, and it makes you think.  Whether it's the theme, the lessons, character growth or just specific quotes, I really like when something sticks with me with the books I read.  I've had one of those kind of reads this week.  While I started this book over a year ago, I was about 3/4 of the way through when I ran into about 50 missing pages.  The publishing company replaced it for me right away but I just kind of ran out of steam to pick it up again.  Well this last month I determined to start it again and I'm so glad I did.  So much treasure in it.




~ carbonated water ~ I usually drink the flavored sparkling waters and definitely have favorites in those flavors but both Hubby and I have really been enjoying the one pictured below that we found at C*stco.  It's under their brand name but apparently imported from Italy.  Who knows, but we both find it super thirst quenching ice cold on these hot days and like it better than plain tap water and any other brand of inflavored carbonated water we've tried.  



What were your favorite blessings this week?

















No comments: