Friday, March 29, 2024

Friday's Fave Five #779




Welcome this Good Friday to Friday's Fave Five.  Today is a very significant day in which we remember the death of Jesus on the cross, His ultimate sacrifice for us and culminates in Easter Sunday or Resurrection Sunday which is the cornerstone of Christianity.  I don't know who will be posting today but feel free to link anytime during the weekend.    This has been a bit of an up and down week for me as this week was the 2nd anniversary of my Dad's passing and it was also a very busy week with work because of Easter.  Holidays always bring on an extra business with kids, so I am glad to have this spot to remind me to stop, pause and remember the blessings from the past week and be thankful for them.  


~ snowfall ~ a weird thing to be grateful for the week after the 1st day of spring but I am happy it did snow.  We received a major dump of spring snow, I think around 15 inches.  It snowed for almost 4 days straight.  But it's been such as dry winter and last summer was also dry so this moisture is very much needed around here.  I would way rather have this snow now than to have major water restrictions in the summer or so much rain in the spring that water starts to find it's way into the basements. 

~ a new bud ~  remember the triple amaryllis plant my son gifted to me for Christmas?  Well all the blooms were spent and some of the leaves started to droop and turn yellow so I trimmed them back and was going to google to see how to preserve the bulbs for next season.  I moved them onto the counter to take downstairs and is the case around here it was sitting there almost a week waiting.  Lo and behold, one of the bulbs has shot up another bud!  Determined little plants they are.  Quite fascinating that because they are in a wax casing you never do anything with them, not even water them!  This fiesty little beauty brought a smile to me this week and is now back in her spot on the table.  


~ lovely card and gift ~ it was one of my little dayhome kid's last day this week as he is moving away.  The family gifted me a gift card and wrote me a lovely note.  The gift card was nice but it was the note that really touched me.  Sometimes in this business it's really easy to not feel appreciated and taken for granted but it's notes of thanks like this one that make it all worthwhile.  That and the feel of little arms giving you a big hug around your neck.  


~ when you know God has protected you ~ I can't go into details but sometimes a situation doesn't go your way or something doesn't pan out the way you wanted and you're left wondering why or sad or confused that it didn't.  But then later you find out that it would have been a hardship or not a good thing had it gone the way you had been hoping for and you just realize that it wasn't God withholding from you but actually protecting you.  Well that happened to me this week and I cannot express how thankful I am for that!  


~ spunky little spitfires ~ I have a little in my childcare that is just a spunky little thing.  She's so full of energy and love and laughter.  Every emotion is big with her, yes even the mad and sad, but the happiness and laughter and love and the naturally being funny that a two year old is capable of just makes up for it by the boatload.  This little has me in stitches daily and her leg and neck hugs are everything!  So thankful I get to enjoy her antics on a daily basis.


What blessings came your way this week that you are grateful for?



 



 I want to wish you a Happy Easter.  May you reflect on everything this Good Friday means and everything Christ has done.  May you know the love of God towards you and may Sunday find you celebrating the Risen Christ!









7 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Susanne, looks like we are getting some type of winter weather in spring. Snow for you and rain for us. Nice that your flower is budding again. God has a way of taking care of us even when we don't understand. I bet those hugs just fill your heart! Happy Resurrection Sunday!

Faith said...

What glorious faves you have this week Susanne. i LOVE when God's protection is something we see in hindsight (as is SO often the case) and although the situation whatever it was might not have been pleasant.....glory to God for His protection and it reminds me of the scripture "My ways are not your ways, nor My thoughts your thoughts" (Isaiah 58 I believe)

I didn't know that about the amaryllis...i do know i don't care for the scent....i had one from my MiL once.

How is your mom doing?? Been praying

HAPPY EASTER!!

Barbara H. said...

Those anniversaries of our parents' passing can be hard.

I'm glad you got the snowfall now and not, as you said, water restrictions or massive rains later. That's neat about the amaryllis plant budding again! It's so nice to receive a note of appreciation. It's amazing to realize how God has protected us and shepherded us into His best.

Have a blessed Easter!

nikkipolani said...

That is such an appropriate image and verse for this Good Friday. We look to Jesus' resurrection but we also remember His sacrifice.

Praying for your mom and your family needs. Thankful you are prepared for those 15 inches of snow - wow.

What a lovely surprise of your amaryllis!

Love the blessings of the little ones in your dayhome. You bless them with your loving care and they bless you right back!

Willow said...

Snow even in early spring is much better than drought. I'm glad you got more snow.
Love the little story about the amaryllis. They are determined little bulbs.
Those notes of appreciation mean so much. I may have a special place in a drawer where I have saved some special ones and I go back reread them sometimes, like when I still miss teaching.
You are so right that sometimes we look back and have to say, "Thank you, God! You knew best." Those times when we didn't understand, but we do now.
It is always hard to remember the hardest days. May God give you comfort. I hope your mom is doing ok.

Wendy said...

That's a great list Susanne. Thank you for being here for us every week to remind us to be thankful. I hope you have a good weekend and I hope your Mum is doing ok.

ellen b. said...

Happy Belated Easter Day to you, Susanne. So much to be thankful for because we have a risen Savior. Glad things worked out well for you...