Wednesday, December 06, 2023

December Reading Possibilities

November wasn't too bad of a reading month for me.  Though I did set aside one of my choices, The Boys in the Boat, just because I wasn't getting into it.  Maybe it's just wrong timing, I'll give it another go next year.  I did finish 4 books for the month and I liked all that I read.   Decembers choices are going to be significantly less in number.  It's such a busy month so not sure how much time I'll have but I have the week after Christmas off so I am planning some good reading time then.  I'm most looking forward to my favorite author's new release.  I don't usually read Christmas themed books but I love the movie Christmas with the Kranks, watch it every year, and that is based on the book Skipping Christmas.  I found it in a Little Library earlier this year along with The Quality Street Girls (who doesn't love Quality Street Chocolates??)  so I've saved it for December.  If a small miracle occurs and I finish them all I'll just choose another from my purchased or library books.  Hopefully I finish out the year knocking a couple more of my purchased books off my TBR.





OLDEST & NEWEST PURCHASED UNREAD BOOKS ON MY SHELF

          ~ The Last Exchange by Charles Martin (newest)
          ~ A Silken Thread by Kim Vogel Sawyer (oldest)


FICTION

          ~ Skipping Christmas by John Grisham  (finished)
          ~ The Quality Street Girls by Penny Thorpe



LIBRARY HOLDS

          ~ Code Name Edelweiss by Stephanie Landsem  (finished)
          ~ He Should Have Told The Bees by Amanda Cox


AUDIOBOOK

          ~ I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai, Christina Lamb




What are you guys reading this month?  Did you have goals for this year and does it look like you'll make them?






3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I haven't read any of these books, but they all look very good!

Karen said...

I'm not a planner when it comes to reading, but I do have a huge stack of TBR to pull from. This month and during the winter ahead, I'm going to read 'wintry' books. I just finished Winter Solace by Rosmunde Pilcher. I'm currently reading a book of Christmas short stories and Scott Hahn's Joy to the World, which is a favorite that I re-read occasionally. I have a blog post planned, if I ever get to it!

Faith said...

I read Skipping Christmas a long time ago!! the movie is one i don't normally turn to but I've seen it a couple times.

What am I reading? I just finished our small group Bible study book The Art of Neighboring. I'm almost done with the Jennie Allen study ( i actually need to drop out of the study group at my cousin's but i'm finishing the actual Bible reading part...should be done by the end of the month).
I'm also finishing up the Joyce Meyers book I've been reading and for fiction I'm reading a new to me author and the book is about when Hansel and Gretl are in their 20s. It is 1650 in the book and it is fantastic!! I cannot believe i'm reading an adult fantasy book but it is SO well written and such a heart warming story that I'm in heaven. there's drama, mystery, a small bit of not sappy romance and fantasy. Apparently this author takes fairy tales and writes books based on them. This one is called After the Forest. It's so good my daughters are shocked that i'm loving it. hahahah

Yes I had a goal of 45 books by Dec 31st. I'm over my goal for first time i think. Maybe because i'm retired and I don't watch TV but I read every evening.

enjoy your books. that Charles Martin one looks good!