Saturday, October 07, 2023

October Reading Possibilites

I don't know what's happening with my reading but I started the year off with a bang but it's somehow slowed down.  September I finished one book and one audiobook and I'm almost done with another book and another audiobook from that list.  I was so hopeful I'd just breeze through a whole bunch, there were so many good titles that I really wanted to get to.  Oh well.  Onwards and upwards to October.  


So for October instead of picking a cover color I decided to get to some of my mystery/thriller type books.  I don't really read horror.  Ok, let's be real, I don't read horror at all, so a good mystery/thriller will have to do for October.  Probably the scariest one on this list might be Illusion but I'm only guessing at that because of who the author is.   I'm just finishing up with both a hard copy book ("The Edge of Belonging by Amanda Cox) and an audiobook ("The Love Stories of the Bible Speak" by Shannon Bream) left from September's list and then hopefully I can get to a couple of these this month to add to my reading goals for the year. 




READ WHAT I OWN - MYSTERY/THRILLER

          ~ An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena
          ~ Alway Watching by Chevy Stevens
          ~ Illusion by Frank Perretti
          


READ WHAT I OWN - NEWEST AND OLDEST PURCHASE

          ~ Falling by T. J. Newman (newest, came highly recommended)
          ~ The Apollo Murders by Chris Hadfield (newest,famous Canadian Astronaut)
          ~ Not by Sight by Kathy Herman   (finished)
   

READ WHAT I OWN - NON FICTION

          ~ You'll Get Through This by Max Lucado   (finished)
          ~ The Complicated Heart by Sarah Mae


LIBRARY HOLDS

          ~ Code Name Edelweiss by Stephanie Landsem
          ~Jaqueline in Paris by Ann Mah


AUDIOBOOKS

          ~ Breakthrough by Joyce Smith
          ~ The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman



3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I haven't read any of the books on your "possibilities list" but will look forward to see what you choose! I hope you are having a nice weekend. See you again soon!

Billie Jo said...

I am also a thriller reader. I do not like horror books at all. I am familiar with a few you have there and will look into a few others. October is a beautiful time for snuggling in with a good book! Have a cozy evening!

Faith said...

wow!! PEretti. we used to read those books all the time back in the early 1990s!! I dn't do horror at all mainly because i don't want them settling into my spirit.
I love a good mystery. Haven't read anything by Chevy stevens in a while. I've read maybe 2-3 of her novels.
I'm into a really good series set in Maine with the main character being a Game Warden. IT's so good!! I'm almost done with book 1. had read book 3 years ago not realizing it was part of a series. They can be stand alones I guess. The author is Paul Doiron. SO good. Maybe because it's set in the north woods and mountains of Maine so I love that.