Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday's Fave Five #755


UPDATE:  Mr Linky now working!

Happy Friday!  Are you all ready to intentionally pause and put your focus onto the the things you have to be grateful for?  Here we set Friday's aside to do just that.  Developing the habit of a grateful and thankful heart that recognizes the blessings God sends into our everyday lives.  If you haven't already please join in.  Guidelines are linked in the sidebar and then just jump right in.



~ Thanksgiving ~  I love the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday.  In Canada we had it last weekend.  I love that it is in October which truly separates it from the rush of Christmas shopping season and lets us truly focus on what the day is supposed to mean.  We try to celebrate with a meal with as much of the family as can make it.  This year 2 of the kids made it down and we're always thankful for their company and for safe travels on a holiday.  It's usually still decent weather, in fact this year it was 27* C!  (80.6*F), although it's a fallish 27 rather than a spring or summerish 27.  If you know, you know.  But still absolutely gorgeous!   




~ dinner cooked by kids over the weekend ~ we were blessed to have two different meals cooked by one or another of the kids on the weekend.  On Saturday our Son and his girlfriend cooked us a delicious chicken with a garlic mushroom cream sauce and on Monday our daughter cooked us a spaghetti and homemade meatball dinner.  Both were so delicious and just as good as a better restaurant.  I love seeing my kids enjoying cooking good food and sharing it with us.


~  safe travels ~ I know I say it every time, but I am very grateful whenever any of the family is on the highways travelling that they have safe travel.  It's not something I take for granted and am always thankful to see them walk in the door or get that txt that they made it home safe and sound.


~ sweet treat ~ Hubby brought home a sweet treat for me from the Ethnic society when he was there delivering an order.  Not sure of the details but there are food booths on Tuesdays and Thursdays?  Anyway he brought me home a couple of amazing cream puffs.  One I ate yesterday, a lemon coconut, was soooo good and today for afternoon coffee I'll have the chocolate one.  I'll definitely send him by there again for those!


~ spa day candle from dw home ~ I love this candle with a eucalyptus/spearmint base.  It helps to freshen the house before I start work when it's too cold to fling the windows wide open first thing in the morning.  It helps get rid of cooking smells from the night before and isn't a heavy scent.  Just a nice freshness about it.  

What are your favorite blessings from the past week?











9 comments:

Gattina said...

Of course we don't celebrate Thanksgiving because we stayed in Europe ! But celebrations like this I would do with pleasure, like Christmas. Here it is unusually warm for October, same temperature as yours. I still wear summer clothes !

There is something with Mr. Linky, it doesn't open and I could not put my link. I clicked and clicked nothing to do. Can you please check what happened ?

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Good morning Sue. For some reason the linky is not opening for me. I'm not sure if it is on my side or yours. I'll try again when I get home from work. I had to laugh at your "fallish 27." I know! It's the most difficult weather to dress for! Freezing in the morning but by late afternoon it's hot out!

Faith said...

First: that is a quote that I"ve been CLINGING to and embracing ever since these headaches began in March 2022. I couldn't get through lift with the Lord and focusing on the positive things I have/do.

LOVE the THanksgiving pic of you and the family. I'm assuming that's Tamara?? She looks good!! ANd your son is always handsome.

LOVE that the "kids" cooked for you. Last time I was at Claire's apt she made me an amazing cup of coffee french press style and i was so impressed that i actually said This is better than *$. Yup. i said it. hahah

Our thanksgiving is a forced holiday on the last Thur of Nov because apparently it was NOv when the NativeAmericans helped the Pilgrims get food, have a feast to say thanks to God, etc. etc. I WISH this historic event had happened earlier in harvest time. Those stubborn New Englanders!! HAHAH

I WISH I could have eucalyptus in my home....i used to...and discovered my husband and I are highly allergic to it! Those candles are so nice though.

I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend.

Barbara H. said...

Belated happy Thanksgiving! I'm so happy most of your family could be there for it. I love it when my kids cook, too. I know what you mean about family traveling. I have not had a cream puff in ages. Sounds wonderful!

The Mr. Linky button isn't responding when I click on it, so I'll share my FFF here: https://barbaraleeharper.com/2023/10/13/fridays-fave-five-716/

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving. So glad that two of your children could travel to be with you. I think Canadians do Thanksgiving right- October is a better time than November, in my opinion. The weather is usually better and it Thanksgiving doesn't just become part of the overall Christmas season. Have a great weekend. See you again soon!

Karen said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad you had such a nice celebration with your family. My niece cooks for us sometimes when she comes to visit. I love it, it's such a treat. Sometimes we'll cook together, and that's fun, too.

Those creme puffs sound amazing! I love something sweet with a cup of coffee.

nikkipolani said...

What an absolutely beautiful family photo. So lovely to see all your beautiful smiles.

Just mentioning those kid-made-meals makes me want to look up recipes to try. Blessed to have your loved ones treating your family to their culinary skills.

Lemon coconut sounds like a delicious flavor combination! How thoughtful of your husband to bring home these treats.

Hmmm. I like the idea of eucalyptus and spearmint, especially as a cooking-smell cleanser!

Willow said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so glad you had two of your children with you for the holiday. And you were able to celebrate with your mom, too.
And it is wonderful when the kids cook dinner :)
I love the aroma of eucalyptus, too.
Have a good weekend!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with your loved ones. It's always wonderful to be treated to meals cooked by our children! Lots of good thankfuls here. Happy weekend to you!