Monday, July 03, 2023

July Reading Possibilites

Well not sure what happened but June was tough for reading.  I only finished one actual physical book and two audiobooks.  I think the course I was taking had a lot to do with it.  I didn't even post a June reading possibilities post even though I did have books pulled for that.  Oh well.  July, I hope, will be better.  I'm on vacation next week so hopefully there will be more time to just enjoy reading.

I somehow ended up with a whole pile of library books on my stack with a couple of them having lots of holds on them so those two will be a priority right off the top.  Then out of my own piles, which is my goal to read the most from this year, I think I will forgo the color theme this month and choose anything with a summery theme or summery looking cover.  So here is what I ended up with for my July Reading Possibilites:




Read What I Own:  Summer Theme

          ~ Meet Me in Monaco by Hazel Gaynor & Heather Webb
          ~ The Summer Sisters by Sara Richardson
          ~ People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry
          ~ Her Last Holiday by C.L. Taylor
          ~ My Sister's Secret by Tracy Buchanan
          ~ The Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke
          ~ Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand
          ~Flight Patterns by Karen White
       

Library Holds

          ~ No Two Persons by Erica Bauermeister (finished)
          ~ Things I Wish I Told My Mother by Susan Patterson & Susan Dilallo with James Patterson (fin)
          ~The Book of Summers by Emilya Hall (finished)
          ~ The Secret Lives of the Amir Sisters by Nadiya Hussain


Non-Fiction

          ~ The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown


Audiobook

          ~ So Help Me God by Mike Pence




Reading anything captivating this month?

  
        
          



3 comments:

Faith said...

I wanna LOVE Elin Hilderbrand books but they're ALL THE SAME (in my opinion). I read Summerland I think and if I didn't then it's very similar to another one set on Nantucket Island.

I've been wanting to find The Boys in the Boat. I'll have to see if my town library has it.

I'm currently working my way through a wonderful Kate Morton book. (I previously read The Clockmaker's Daughter a few years ago and loved it) called The Forgotten Garden. It's one you'd probably enjoy.

I'm also reading a devotional about navigating transitions (think retirement), I'm reading the book of Psalms, and I'm reading a non fiction Christian one called Discerning the Voice of God. All are very good. I have 2 library books on my to be read shelf by my bed, one from my sister, one from a friend, and another one from the daughter of a friend (the daughter wrote it). SO I am set for a while. hahaha
I hope you're enjoying your stayvacation.

Barbara H. said...

I keep thinking about The Boys in the Boat and then setting ti aside. I'll look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Right now I am listening to When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer. I think you review was one of the ones that led to me getting this book.

Two of my favorite books from last month were A Place to Hang the Moon by Kate Albus and Humble Roots: How Humility Grounds and Nourishes Your Soul by Hannah Anderson.

Billie Jo said...

Hello, fellow reader! I recognize a few of your books there! I wish I had more time for reading. Or maybe I need to make the time?! Have a cozy evening!