Friday, July 14, 2023

Friday's Fave Five #742




Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Here we practice intentionally looking for things in our lives to be grateful for by each week taking the time to pause and look for those blessings.  As we make a habit out of it hopefully we move on from just doing once a week to doing it each day, being grateful and thankful to God for each blessing.  It changes our perspective.  Please join us as we share five of our blessings from the week.

~ bike ride ~ on the weekend we took advantage of an absolutely beautiful morning and went for a bike ride.  It's one of our favorite things to do yet last year, somehow, we didn't go on one ride.  I was determined that this will not happen again this year.





~ yuzu creamsicle ice cream ~ one of July's feature flavors at my favorite ice cream store.  I think it has moved into one of my favorite flavors ever.  So refreshing.


~ celebrating Mom's 91st ~  Sunday we celebrated my Mom who turned 91!  Last year she spent her 90th in the hospital so this year we made sure she was well celebrated.  We brought in the meal she wanted, had her favorite cake and I hope she was made to feel extra special.


~ wall of purple ~ every year this clematis amazes me.  It was here when we bought the house 30 years ago and it's still going strong.  It makes me smile whenever I go out the front door.  Now if I could just figure out how to hide the big, black eyesore next to it.  





~ two great reads this week ~ I finished two great reads this week.  "No Two Persons" and "Things I Wish I Told My Mother".  Both from the library.  One of them I finished in almost a day.  They couldn't have been more different from each other but both drew me right in emotionally.  Which is why for me they were great reads.  Reviews are coming.  Books and our availability to them in North America are true blessings. 

What have been your favorite blessings this week?













10 comments:

Gattina said...

It's ages that I haven't been on a bike, and now certainly not anymore, on top I am too lazy. Your plant looks real beautiful on the white background. Our weather is so so cloudy and rather warm but not hot, but the air quality is bad, I feel it with my asthma.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a great week you've had! Love the bike ride views and your clematis is just beautiful. My mum planted one before she passed away a few years ago and it is blooming nicely but not so much as yours is. Happy birthday to your mum.

Barbara H. said...

Belated happy birthday to your mom! That's so great you could celebrate with her with some of her favorite things.

That clematis is beautiful! I love the flowers at the bottom, too.

Yay for bike rides and ice cream and books!

Faith said...

Oh that quote. SO TRUE!

I just discovered the flavor of yuzu fruit in of all things....hard cider in Vermont!! I think i posted a pic of it somewhere. It's SO refreshing. Mine was combined with ginger. Glad you found a fun flavored ice cream. I love the tartness of yuzu.

YAY for biking. I biked twice this week for exercise and loved that my cardio was over 50% of the work out....way better than when I power walk in high heat.

There's nothing like books....I saw that about about things I wish on our library shelf and almost took it out! But i chose another non fiction one instead. I'll look forward to your review. I've finished 2 books this month and enjoyed both. I'm in the midst of an historical fiction one that is a very heavy subject and very dear to my heart as it involves special education. It's taking me awhile to read it because it's heavy. but important.

That purple flower is gorgeous!!

have a wonderful weekend and happy belated birthday to your precious mother.





Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I will have to look for those books you enjoyed. I hope our library has them. I am making more use of reading books from the library and not buying so many books. I love your clementis. I transplanted the one I had in a container here over at our house and it is struggling a bit, so I hope that by next summer it looks more like yours. Clematis are one of my favorite flowering plants. I haven't been on a bike for a while but I sure enjoyed bike riding when I was younger. Glad you mom had a wonderful birthday and wasn't in the hospital. I hope you have a great weekend!

Willow said...

Love that statement at the end of your post!
Happy Birthday to your mom!
Your bike ride is an inspiration for me to push to get our bikes out and ride. We haven't ridden yet all summer.
Books certainly are a blessing, as is the easy availability of them through our library systems.
Have a good weekend!

Susan said...

The purple flowers are so pretty! You are blessed to have your mom so long. Happy Birthday!

marina said...

Happy birthday to your mom! Your clematis is gorgeous!!!!!! (you could hide the hose in a hose container 😊). I would love to go for bike rides too if it was not in traffic....

ellen b. said...

Glad you could celebrate your mom in her home environment instead of the hospital. Happy birthday to her! Your clematis is the same as one of the ones we have on this property. I wonder how many years it's been here...
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Karen said...

The clematis is gorgeous!! I just don't have luck with them. I planted my third one last year, and it had such pretty flowers so I thought it would really take off this year. It had a couple flowers, but not very impressive.

Happy Birthday to you mom :)