Friday, June 16, 2023

Friday's Fave Five #738





Hi everyone.  Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  I've had a pretty busy week.  I'm trying to take a 20 hour course for work and I'm telling ya some of it has my eyes crossing.  LOL.  I don't have much computer time to spare right now but didn't want to pass the FFF by.  But it will be short and sweet due to the limited time and brain power I have right now.  However, it will be no less grateful.  :)

~ Chinese food takeout lunch ~ Saturday we had my sister and her hubby over for a Chinese food takeout lunch.  We haven't really visited a whole lot with them lately and Hubby was craving Chinese food so they came to mind right away because they love it too.  It was fun visiting with them and we had some good chuckles remembering how the guys used to go out together a lot for Chinese food back in the day when we were all single and order huge amounts and eat every bite.  They can no longer pack away that much but it certainly didn't stop them from trying.  LOL.

 ~ finding the perfect hosta ~ in the backyard there is one flower bed that I've been trying to decide for a couple of years what to do with.  It's pretty much totally shade and I thought hostas would do good there.  But I wanted one I really loved so I've been biding my time.  On the weekend I think I found just the one I wanted.  "Stained Glass" is the variety.  Hopefully they'll do well. 

~ much needed rain ~ This week we had some much needed rain fall.  The first was a deluge but the second was more of a soaking type of rain that fell all day and into the night.  Eerily along with that came tornado warnings in Alberta on Wednesday afternoon with four land spout tornados touching down within 30 minutes in one area in Southern Alberta just north of my city (about 30 minutes away) and ten in total in Alberta.  Fortunately there was only minor damage. 

~ hot coffee ready and waiting ~ my Hubby is up before me in the mornings and as soon as he hears me get up he prepares my coffee and has it ready and waiting for me.  This is such a blessing to this non-morning person.  

~ gifts from the garden ~ one of my dayhome parents has a huge garden and she has twice now gifted us with delicious home grown asparagus and another dayhome related person gifted me with a geranium this weekend.  Love and appreciate these gifts.  



"The grateful heart is like a magnet sweeping over the day,
collecting reasons for gratitude"
Max Lucado







What are you grateful for this week?








8 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

We have had some rain but we could really use some soaking rain. It's gloomy and grey and wet but still we need water. Home grown asparagus sounds delicious!

Faith said...

Aren't Max Lucado quotes just the best?! I hear him weekly in a radio program while I drive to work....uh oh....that means I'll have to listen to his podcasts more once I'm no longer doing that commute! :)

Please post a pic of your new hosta! I'm also looking for something for a very shady spot on the north side of my house. There used to be morning glories growing up against that side/trellis but the last few years they have not done well at all for some strange reason. I literally had them since 1995 and during covid they all died and haven't bounced back well. I have hosta in the front yard under the one cherry tree. It does well but i don't know the variety name.

YAY for spontaneous lunches with family and good Chinese food. We don't get it much any longer but it's SO good when we do! Glad you had fun.

How thoughtful of your daycare parents to gift you with produce and flowers. I still haven't found geraniums at our nursery so that's on my to do list this weekend.

I love that your husband has the coffee ready. We prep it the night before and it automatically begins to brew at 5:40 AM. On the weekends, Dave is the one to usually start it. I love when he brings me a mug but I'm typically up before him!! Maybe that will change once I retire. hahahah
so glad you folks got rain. We did too and we very badly needed it!

HAPPY WEEKEND!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. It's been a busy week here as well, but gratitude is always in order. Good luck with your class. I have done plenty of those continuing education classes too. Some are more helpful than others. I hope you are getting some good information from yours. It sounds like you had a nice week. I hope you will post a picture of your new hosta. We have some of those in the yard at the house we are moving too. Your husband sounds very kind and considerate to start your coffee in the morning. We love Chinese food so that may be a good idea for this weekend. Good food is always better with good friends! So glad you got some lovely things from the garden from your dayhome parents. I hope you have a lovely weekend. See you again soon!

Barbara H. said...

I hope the rest of your course goes well. The Chinese food outing sounds great, both the food and fellowship. Glad you got some rain and found the perfect hosta! That's so incredibly sweet and kind of your husband to have your coffee ready for you in the morning. How lovely to receive garden foods and flowers.

Susan said...

How nice that your husband makes you coffee. My husband and I take turns making it. Nice that your daycare parent gives you fresh veggies. I am not sure what a Hosta looks like. Enjoy your weekend!

Willow said...

Hurray for hubbies who fix our coffee for us! Mine does, too.
Love Chinese food too. We enjoyed some take away Chinese one evening on my brother's back patio. Family and food are always a good combo.
Hostas are lovely plants. I will look up that variety :)
Glad you are safe from all the tornados. And thankful with you for the rain.
Have a good weekend! But don't work too hard on that class.

nikkipolani said...

You had me grinning at the Chinese food packing away. With all food and restaurant prices going up astronomically, we no longer have the luxury even if our bodies would tolerate it! Glad you had such a fun time with your sister and her husband.

Ooh, I looked up your new hosta and it is a beauty. I love love that bright lime with the darker green edging. Hostas would be mowed down here by an army of snails if I planted, so I admire from afar. Love the generosity of your dayhome parents.

Somehow, I did not expect tornados in your neck o the woods!

ellen b. said...

You are a busy lady already so I can imagine the extra load with taking a course. Good Chinese food sounds like a treat right now. We have one Chinese restaurant here and it is not the best. Hope you can have some time to relax and put your feet up with weekend.