Wednesday, April 05, 2023

April Reading Possibilities

March was a great reading month for me.  I read or listened to 5 books covering four out of five of my categories.  For April, in honor of spring,  I have chosen for the books off my own shelves the color yellow or purple.  If you are new and you don't know, one of my reading goals for this year is to read as many books off my own shelves as I can.  And for 2023 I have included a color prompt for each month.   There was a few to choose from giving me some good options.   Yes, you do see three Jodi Picoult books in there.  And I know after reading my first of her novels last year, I said I didn't think she was an author for me.  But a couple of you said to give a more recent one of hers a try so I'm going to listen to you and give her one more shot.  








Read What I Own Color of the Month:  Purple or Yellow

          ~ Wish You Were Here by Jodi Picoult  (finished)
          ~ The Confession Club by Elizabeth Berg
          ~ The Right Thing by Amy Connor
          ~ Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult
          ~ Peony in Love by Lisa See
          ~ Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
          ~ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
          ~ By the Light of a Thousand Stars by Jamie Langston Turner
          ~ Letter from Briarton Park by Sarah E. Ladd
          ~ Night Road by Kristin Hannah
          ~ Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky


An Oldest and Newest Purchased Book

          ~ Book Woman's Daughter by Kim Michele Richardson (newest)
          ~ When We Were Young & Brave by Hazel Gaynor  (oldest)

Audiobook

          ~ Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron  (finished)

Library Books
          ~ The Nurse's Secret by Amanda Skenandore    (finished)
          ~ Independence by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
          ~ The Unknown Beloved by Amy Harmon

Read What I Own Non-Fiction

          ~ Educated by Tara Westover
          ~ The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown

          




Got any good reads on your nightstand for April?



3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I've read Educated and The Boys in the Boat. Both were excellent. I haven't read any of the fiction, but it sure looks like you have some good picks for April. Enjoy!

Faith said...

OMGOSH I LOVED LOVED LOVED WIsh You Were Here. So powerful.

I sort of remember Vanishing Acts. Was a LONG time ago when I read it. I love her novels...always some kind of moral or ethical dilemna/social justice issue, etc. She's amazing as an author.

I don't remember Harvesting the Heart....not sure I read that one...that was one of her early ones.

Educated!! I was enthralled with her story. I felt SO SORRY for her!! Good for her for getting out.

Night Road was good but there were others of hers I liked better.

You're about to read some good ones!!

Barbara Harper said...

I enjoyed By the Light of a Thousand Stars by Jamie Langston Turner, but I don't remember much about it. I apparently read it before starting a blog and reviewing books.

I had The Boys in the Boat in my Audible wish list for a long time but then took it out. I couldn't remember why I wanted to read it. :-) I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it.