Tuesday, March 07, 2023

March Reading Possiblities

Considering February was a shorter month I did pretty good in the reading department.  3 1/2 books read.  The half being one I ended up setting aside which was an audiobook.  So now onto March.  March typically sees some blustery, snowy days for us which in my mind translates to lots of nice reading time. 

The color I chose for the month of March is green.  Yes, I'm a bit predictable.  So all the covers of my reading possibilities will have some kind of green.  And there is a pretty good stack to choose from!  There actually was more in the piles of books I have but these were the ones that grabbed my attention most at the moment.  Hopefully there will be some good reads in there with no DNF's (Did Not Finish) at all for the month!  
  





Read What I Own:  Color of the month - Green

          ~ No Place For a Lady by Gil Paul  (finished)
          ~ Bellevue Square by Michael Redhill
          ~ The Physicists' Daughter by Mary Anna Evans
          ~ Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng  (finished)
          ~ The Pearl That Broke It's Shell by Nadia Hashimi
          ~ Brooklyn by Colm Tobin
          ~ When We Were Young and Brave by Hazel Gaynor
          ~ Meet Me in Monaco by Hazel Gaynor


Oldest and Newest of Purchased Books

          ~ The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas  (finished)
          ~ A Piece of the Moon by Chris Fabry


Audiobook

          ~ Live Your Life: My Story of Loving and Losing Nick Cordero by Nick Cordero (finished)


Library Books

          ~ Lifemark by Chris Fabry
          ~ When the Meadow Blooms by Ann H. Gabhart
          ~ Beneath the Bending Skies by Jane Kirkpatrick
          ~ The Nurse's Secret by Amanda Skenandore
          ~ The Librarian Spy by Madeline Martin


Read My Own Shelf Non-Fiction

           ~ Facing Fear by Nik Wallenda  (carry over from February) (finished)



          
What about you?  Reading anything good this month?






4 comments:

Karen said...

These all look so good. I want to add them all to my TBR pile! I read the Persian Pickle Club years ago and remember loving it. The author is from Denver and I've read most of her books. Many of them are set in Colorado.

Deb J. in Utah said...

The only one of your March possibilities I've read is Little Fires Everywhere and that one was pretty good. I hope you have a good March of good reading.

Barbara Harper said...

I've read some of Chris Fabry's books, but bot either of the ones mentioned here. Right now I am reading Becoming Free Indeed: My Story of Disentangling Faith from Fear by Jinger Duggar Vuolo. I never watched the Duggar's show, but knew of them, and knew people caught up in the same kind of teaching they were under. I'm also reading All That’s Good: Recovering the Lost Art of Discernment by Hannah Anderson--Hannah is becoming a favorite author to me.

Faith said...

OOH i LOVED Little Fires Everywhere. I remember having a hard time getting into it but once I did I enjoyed that novel.

The Max Lucado one is actually one we do NOT own. We own several of his books. (yes we buy non fiction Christian books but not typically fiction ones).

I used to read Kirkpatrick!! You'll have to let me know how that one is......I'll look for it at our library. Been a long time since i read one of her novels.

Happy reading!! (I'm reading Francis Chan's Forgotten God (about how we quench the Holy Spirit...wow is it ever good!!) and a historical fiction one about the spanish flu pandemic.