Friday, March 10, 2023

Friday's Fave Five #724



Welcome Friday and to Friday's Fave Five!  Are you ready to pause and recall some blessings from the past week?  We are sharing five of our favorites as we intentionally develop the habit of taking note of what is good in our lives and being grateful for it.  



~ snow sparkling like diamonds ~  once again we've had snowfall in our parts but the other day it was bigger, lighter flakes that sparkled like diamonds when the light hit it.  I was so peaceful and absolutely beautiful.

~ Indian meal with friends ~ Friday night we had a double blessing in going out for Indian food and enjoying the meal with dear friends.  The meal was delicious and the conversation animated and fun!

~ show recommendation ~  during our conversation at dinner with our friends we shared different shows we were watching and one my friend recommended to me was a new series called The Way Home.   I thought I'd give it a try.  It's about mothers and daughters, a mystery and time travel!  Say what?  I'm in.  So far I've enjoyed it.  I hope it continues to be good.  It's so hard to find decent shows that suit my tastes these days.  

~ vanilla slice ~ my sweet hubby surprised me by bring home one of my favorite desserts for me.  I haven't had one of these in a long time.  He stopped in at a bakery in a town where he was making a delivery and brought it home for me.  It was a special stop as he had no other reason to go into the bakery.  Made me feel very special.  




~ my hardworking appliances ~ not a day goes by without me appreciating one or another of the appliances we are blessed with nowadays. 

What have been the blessings in your lives this week?



 





 

10 comments:

Susan said...

How nice that your hubby got you a dessert. What did he get you? It reminded me of a smore. I see you finished the book by Lysa Terkeurst. I read that book too. I also like Max Lucado and heard him speak years ago at a conference. Enjoy your weekend!

Faith said...

Great quote at the end there!

You're reading one of my fave books I reviewed a few years ago! I LOVED that story. very powerful look at the mother daughter relationship among other themes. Have you seen my review?

YAY for Indian food, good friends and fellowship and husbands who bring home surprises. Our snow is basically gone although the mountains still have a LOT in the woods and on the higher peaks.

HAPPY WEEKEND!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Dinner with friends is always fun. That was so kind of your husband to bring home a yummy desert. I am tired of snow this winter, but yes, it can be beautiful and peaceful and I am glad that you found it such last week. I haven't seen that show but will have to keep it in mind when looking for something to watch. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Barbara Harper said...

That vanilla slice looks good. I don't think I've seen anything like it here, except maybe an eclair. That is so sweet of your husband to get a special treat just for you.

Yay for dinner out with friends. I have not heard of that series--it sounds good.

I depend on my appliances a lot, too. I'm so glad I live in an era that has them. I just read a series about women in the early 1900s. I admire them but don't know if I would have had what it takes to be one of them.

ellen b. said...

It's been awhile since we had good Indian food. That was a sweet thought to bring you that sweet slice! Happy Weekend!!

Wendy said...

Oooo that cake looks yummy. How thoughtful of your hubby. Your meal out with friends sounded fun. I do enjoy watching snowfall or waking up to fresh snow on the ground - it always seems so much quieter. But then I want it gone lol. Oh yes, where would we be without some of our appliances? Have a good weekend Susanne.

Willow said...

Snow! We haven't had any snow since December.
That bakery goodie looks so yummy! What a sweet hubby to stop and grab that for you.
I agree that appliances are truly a blessing and sometimes we neglect to even think about that.
Have a good weekend!

Karen said...

We've actually gone almost two weeks without snow. Your comment about the snow made me think about how pretty it always seems at the beginning of the season, and now I just see cold, wet, bad weather. That was so sweet of your husband to stop for the bakery treat. Good idea to appreciate the many everyday things we take for granted. So many things to be thankful for.

Gattina said...

I love Indian food too, it's a long time I had eaten Indian, it is very expensive in Belgium and the cheapest plate in the UK ! So I wait for the UK. The TV shows are really not nice, I think they make war or sale drugs to have something to make a film afterwards !

nikkipolani said...

Agree with Faith! That is a terrific quote and a reason I love it when people list "common" conveniences that we enjoy without a thought. It's good to remember God's generous provisions.

Well, you've got me scoping out good Indian restaurants in the area. Good friends and good food are a winning combination for sure.

Do you remember Kathy in PEI who would take these amazing photos of sparkling snow? I'm thinking of those at your mention of those snowflakes.