Friday, December 02, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #710



Welcome to the first Friday of December.  And a frosty one it is at that.  It is cold here!  But starting to look and feel like Christmas.  So much to be thankful for as we head into this Holy and wonderful season.  Please join us as we look for our blessings in our normal everydays.  

~ Christmas lights up ~ every year my husband pulls out the outside lights, goes through every string to make sure every light is working and then climbs the ladder to put up the lights sometimes in pretty cold weather.  I so appreciate him doing this as it's a nostalgic thing for me.  My Dad always put up lights.  And I see all the work that it is for him to do it.  It's really a labor of love .   


 

~ good start ~ I started a new little guy in the dayhome yesterday.  And all things considered it was a really great day.  It's always nerve wracking starting a new babe as you never know how they will be, how much separation anxiety they will have and you have to get to know their cues.  But I'd say the day went great and we're off to a good start.

~ afternoon with a good friend ~ Saturday my good friend and I grabbed a coffee and headed out to do a little walk through of a couple garden centers.  It's always a fun time as they are all decked out for Christmas.  I've been having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit this year.  Everything in me just wants to hole up at home and do nothing so this was a nice way to try and get out of that funk.  Both of us love looking at all the lovely decorated tress and decor and by the time the afternoon was done I was in a bit more of a better mindset.  And I brought home a little plant I just couldn't leave behind and now I'm a proud plant mom.  LOL.  It makes me happy to look at it, not just because it's really pretty with its crimpled leaves which are green on top and burgundy red underneath with red stems and feel like velvet or silk, but because it reminds me of a special afternoon with a good friend.  




~ holiday coffee ~ I always look forward to my fave seasonal coffee coming back each year. Caramel Brulee Latte.  I always get it half sweet and extra hot.  

~ dinner out with family ~ it's tradition with Hubby's sis and brother in law to take each other out for our birthdays so last week they took us out to celebrate Hubby's birthday.  It was a wonderful time and our meals were delicious.  I actually order a traditional turkey dinner because in October we had missed having turkey this year for thanksgiving and I was really craving it.

What have been your favorite blessings this week?





13 comments:

Faith said...

the plant is sweet!! I am down to two living plants in my house (red poinsetta Dave bought me last week and my snake plant in the dining room). What's this one you're showing? i love the leaves!

YAY for husbands who string up lights. I have to do all of the decorating myself. If Dave was a bachelor he would only have a stocking hahahah. Your house is adorable!!

I LOVE when I get together with my good friends for coffee and strolling. So glad it got you into the holiday spirit more. I LOVE Christmas and this year I'm finding JOY.

Dinner out is always a blessing!

HAPPY WEEKEND! can you believe it's the 2nd Sunday of ADvent already??

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I love your new plant, and that could go out with a friend and feel a little more "Christmassy." I have a lot of plants, but have never seen one like yours! It's good that the new little guy in your dayhome is adjusting well. I know you have a fun and welcoming place for the little ones. You have a lovely home and it looks beautiful decked out for Christmas. That is so good of your husband to go to all the work of "dressing up" your home for the holidays. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

Love the lights on your house! Yes, that is a labor of love. Glad the new little guy had a good start. Hope you have a good weekend. We really frigid this morning with a low of 4 degrees farenheit! brrr

Barbara Harper said...

My husband does all the outside decorating, too--sometimes with help from one of the boys. I so appreciate that he does.

That's great that the new little guy seems to be adjusting so well.

Your afternoon with a friend and dinner out sound like lots of fun. And the plant is very pretty!

Jennifer said...

Lots of blessings this week! And your house looks so festive - and Christmasy!!:)

Sherry Jolly said...

Hi Susanne,

It's my first time participating! I wanted to say hello and thank you for hosting. I love your new plant! I have all my green plants just to the left of me and they certainly brighten up a dreary day!

Sherry Jolly said...

PS I seem to have had some trouble with Mr. Linky! Please forgive me!

Susan said...

I like the plant you got. I used to have a lot of plants during the early years of our marriage. Once kids came, I had less and less. But I live plant is actually healthy for us. Makes it more special when it makes you think of your friend. I love Christmas lights!

nikkipolani said...

What a lovely new plant! You picked a beauty.

Nice to see your house decked out in lights. Our neighborhood is getting lit up, too. It's not as cool without snow, but there would be chaos if it snowed here!

That's a fave indeed -- a new guy who's fitting in so far.

Karen said...

This is a great list of faves. Mine are simple pleasures this week, too. I should have added the one about Christmas lights. It truly is a labor of love, and Dan is always enthusiastic about decorating. Your house looks so pretty!

I'm glad things went well with the new little one. And your day with a friend sounds so nice. Happy Advent!

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness! Your house looks beautiful with those lights sparkling! I am glad you had a good visit with a friend. That sounds like a nice idea. Sometimes I am so tempted to stay home, which I enjoy, but getting out a bit would be nice too! Your plant looks perfect. Have a cozy weekend!

Willow said...

Oh I love your new little plant! Good plant mama.
I love your lights! Maybe I will soon be able to use my camera and will share our wee lights.
I have never tried a caramel brulee latte...now I'm interested...
Glad to hear your new little one is settling in ok.
Have a happy weekend! Second week of Advent!

Melanie said...

I always enjoy the holiday coffees this time of year. My son plays in the praise and worship team on Sundays and so in between the 9 am and 10:30 service, my daughter in law and I go get coffee and bring it back in time for my son to be done playing for the second service.

I've had my moments this year too when I've had to work at feeling the spirit of Christmas. I've been doing an Advent devotion which has helped. Spending the day with family and seeing the Nutcracker yesterday was lovely. I hope you can relax and enjoy your holiday.

Have a lovely weekend.