Thursday, December 01, 2022

December Reading Possibilities

Here it is, the beginning of December already.  I can't believe we are into the final month of 2022.  I for one am ready to say goodbye to this year.  It has been one of the most challenging years ever.  I'm itching to turn the calendar page and start a fresh new year.  How has your reading been going this year?  Meeting your goals?  I'm a behind in my GoodReads goal of 45 books for the year.  Life just got in the way.  Oh well.  But who knows, I may be able to get close by the time the year closes out.  Non-fiction November usually sees me finishing at least 4 - 5 books but not this year.  About 3 1/2 is what I accomplished.  

The Read Your Shelf Challenge's prompt for December is Read a Book With a Mostly White Cover.  I knew I had a few but when I went through my stacks I found I had a good number.  I also threw in a book that has a wedding dress all though because of the shading and lighting the dress looks yellow but wedding dress are for the most part white so there it is.  As usual I've slotted in books to meet my own personal reading challenges for the year.





READ YOUR SHELF CHALLENGE

          ~ The Accidental Woman by Barbara Delinsky
          ~ Elizabeth is Missing by Emma Healey
          ~ Breaking the Silence by Diane Chamberlain
          ~ A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist  (finished)
          ~ The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
          ~ Five Days Left by Julie Lawson Timmer


NON-FICTION

          ~ Praying the Scriptures for Your Adult Children by Jodie Berndt
          ~You'll Get Through This by Max Lucado
          ~ Prayer by Timothy Keller
          ~ Terri: the truth by Michael Schiavo
          ~ Blink by Malcolm Gladwell


BOOKS PURCHASED BETWEEN 2020 - 2022

          ~ A Promise to Remember by Kathryn Cushman


LIBRARY HOLDS

          ~ Looking for Leroy by Melody Carlson
          ~ The Woman with Two Shadows by Sarah James




What are you reading in December?  Are you a Christmas theme reader?



2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I just did a reading post over on my blog. Right now I am reading both a nonfiction and a mystery - I usually have at least one nonfiction and one fiction book going at the same time. Looks like you have some great reading possibilities for December! Cozy up and enjoy!

Barbara Harper said...

I like to read Christmas books in December, but I'm trying to finish up the other books I'm in first. I did start Heaven and Nature Sing by Hannah Anderson today. I've heard good things about it and the first day's reading is good.