Saturday, September 10, 2022

Help, I'm Drowning: Weathering the Storms of Life with Grace and Hope by Sally Clarkson ~ Audiobook Review


I borrowed this audio book when I saw it come thru my library's hoopla app.  The title totally grabbed me, especially the sub title as the last couple of years has totally felt like a huge storm of life and I don't think I've been weathering the last 8 months well.  I'm telling you, I feel like God brought this audiobook around right when I needed it.  It is so calming, encouraging and uplifting in a time of being overwhelmed and stressed.  The author takes us through lessons in trusting God even when we question "Why", when we feel lost and alone, when we feel God is silent and when life gets plain overwhelming.  She reminds us to trust in God's character when we don't understand what is going on. I love how it pointed us continuously to God's word and how it can be trusted because He is faithful to it and to trust in God's goodness in spite of how we feel.  I believe the author read it herself and her voice was very easy to listen to.  Her example and stories from her own life are relateable, down to earth and honest. I think I will purchase this book as I'm a visual learner and get a lot more out of a book when I can make notes and underline and annotate.  It is a super timely book for anyone feeling overwhelmed with life.  

I rated this a 10/10
Reading Challenge Goals Met:  at least 3 non-fiction, at least 3 audiobooks in 2022









3 comments:

Faith said...

oh i so need to read this one!!

Karen said...

This sounds like a great book. I could have used it a few years back. I'm so glad it was helpful to you. I've not read this author, but her name seems to come up a lot.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Thanks, Susanne. I will be looking for this one. I need it! Have a good week!