Friday, September 16, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #699



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five everyone!  Let's look back over our week and purposefully look for all those good things that God has sent our way.  Blessings don't always come as big thunderclap obvious things, though they can!  More than likely they sneak into our everyday lives very quietly and if we don't stop to contemplate them, they might just escape our notice.  At Friday's Fave Five we strive to have noticing our blessings become the normal, in good times and bad..  And then we always pause to be grateful and thankful to God who has sent them our way.  



~ fresh new candle ~ September is apple season around here and what's better than a lovely new apple spice scented candle to introduce fall.  I know technically fall is not until Sept 21 but in my mind fall starts the day I turn the calendar to September.  This scent is a nice transition to start off the season with it not being too terribly strong!  




~ gift of home grown produce ~ I love home grown veggies but do not like the work of growing a garden.  Long story short it's work for me not relaxing like it was for my dear Mom.  But this week my friend gifted me some delicious home grown carrots and cucumbers.  So delicious!  I'm going to try my hand at fridge pickles this week with the smaller cukes.

~ phone call dr. appointment ~ one good thing that came from the covid lockdowns and has stayed, at least in my city, has been phone call dr. appointments.   I had to talk to my mom's doctor about some of her meds and I just made a phone call appointment.  Instead of having to take time off, book her a ride, meet her there and sit at a clinic, the doc just phoned me at the appointed time.  We discussed what was going on, made some care decisions and done, without ever leaving my house.  Took ten minutes instead of the hour or  hour and half it would have been otherwise.

~ snail mail card ~ my blogging friend, Faith, sent me a sweet snail mail card.  It has some of my favorite things on the cover that made me smile:  a bike with flowers and birds.  It was such a blessing to receive a note from a friend in the mailbox instead of the usual bills and advertising.



~ new warm slippers for fall and winter ~ while shopping at Marshalls for my Mom I came across a lovely soft, fuzzy pair of slippers for a great price.  Seeing as my stinker of a pup chewed up my last pair they came home with me.  I actually love a new pair of slippers.

What were some of the blessings that have been given to you this week?








12 comments:

Faith said...

ooh...i love a new pair of slippers but my last pair were from LLBean..the moccasin style ones and even though it's been 15 years, I can't justify buying a new pair because they last so long from there!! hahaha...I'm tempted to buy a new pair though because like you, I just LOVE a new pair of fuzzy slippers.

YAY for apple scented candles. My fave for autumn is apple or cinnamon scented...i cannot STAND pumpkin ones.

So glad you got the card!! I thought of you right away when I saw the bike :)

YAY for on phone appts. I too have taken advantage of those a few times since 2020.

Home grown produce is awesome and I rely on our local farms in the country areas to get it...i usually go to the farmers market once a month and this season there are some great choices!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Those warm slippers sound wonderful for cooler fall temperatures. Yes, video and phone doctor visits are much more convenient than going into the office. I bet that candle smells wonderful. I will join with you all later. The week got away from me. Have a good Friday!

Barbara Harper said...

We feel the same about gardening. One of our neighbors gives us some of their overflow sometimes. I love video or phone call appointments to the doctor. I'm so glad they've kept that up. That is such a cute card. It's so nice---and rare these days---to get a real note or letter instead of bills or ads. The slippers sound comfy!

Melanie said...

Ah! I'm enjoying the scents of fall as well. I just ordered a candle online and should get it this next week. It's a balsam fir combo which might be more for Christmas but that's okay. It's so much fun to get snail mail now, isn't it. And what a lovely card. I miss getting letters and cards. Emails are quicker and texts even faster, but I miss words on paper. I'm in the fall mood as well and will be getting the fall decor out this week. I'm ready! Have a lovely weekend.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Yes, September 1st means fall to me too! And I love the smell of fall candles. I am not so much a fan of florals, so when the apple and pumpkin scents arrive, I am all in! I agree with you on some things coming out of the covid crisis. The phone/virtual doctor appointments are so nice! Have a cozy weekend. Happy Fall!

Gattina said...

The snail mail really earns its name ! I got a card for Rick's death 3 month after !
I also love fresh fruit and vegetables out of a garden from friends, there you can be sure that they are organic and not only the prices ! I came back from England, it certainly did me good, I don't know yet !

Karen said...

Oh, I wish you lived closer! I have a bumper crop of zucchini, spaghetti squash and tomatoes!

I bought a new fall candle last week, and it is just cool enough now that it really does feel like fall is in the air. So, it's burning as I type this. Most of my fall decor is out. I was going to wait until I did a deep clean, but who knows when that will happen?

The slippers sound wonderful. Need to find some, too.

Snail mail and doctor calls. We don't have the latter anymore, but they both lift my spirits.

Have a good weekend my friend:)

Willow said...

Oh, warm slippers! Yes, that would be a fave!
I love how you often choose your candles for a fave. Fragrant candles are a wonderful addition to a home (I can't have them, sadly--allergies)
Homegrown veggies are great! I'd love to share some of my carrots with you :)
Happy weekend!

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I love to see your candle, Susannah. It is a nice one. Yesterday evening i also lit the candles.

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I mean: Susanne (sorry for writing your name wrong)

Hena Tayeb said...

Love getting snail mail. And yes Covid has had a few perks like working from home and telelhealth!

nikkipolani said...

I'm totally with you on the home-grown-veggies front. So nice to have friends who will share of their bounty.

Yes, a not-too-strong candle is a lovely thing. I've bought some that were so strong, I never had to light them. Just open their cover.

What a bonus of time to be able to have a call instead of all the arrangements needed for a visit.