Friday, August 26, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #696



Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you all had a good week. Whether it was a great week or whether you struggled with some things let's pause and find some blessings that lifted us through the week.  Sometimes it will be easy to find them and sometimes oh, so difficult.  But developing the exercise of intentionally looking for blessings helps to keep us grounded when the hard times come and being grateful for them and then thanking God for them keeps our hearts.  Please join us as we weekly practice thankfulness.



 ~ rain ~ it's been so hot lately that the clouds rolling in bringing with it scattered showers and some good steady rain at times have been a nice relief.  And who doesn't love the smell of a thunderstorm rolling in?  It just makes everything so nice and fresh.

~ u-pick strawberries ~ one of my dayhome parents went strawberry picking with her little one this week and they arrived at the house carrying a container filled with delicious strawberries for our morning snack.  Even though there are several  u-pick strawberry locations around here it is something that just hasn't appealed to me and I've never had strawberries from one of these places.  But boy has this gift changed my mind.  Even though the berries were smaller they were packed with flavor.  Nothing like what you get in the supermarkets.  I may just have to go pick some myself this week.  What a blessing it was that she shared the deliciousness with us.



~ coleus plants ~ when buying plants in May I, on a whim, picked up some coleus plants that caught my eye.  I've never bought these before and I am sure glad I did.  I'm loving the colorful leaves they are showing off.  This color is called "Festive Dance"



~ caramel apple caramels ~ When in the drugstore these caught my eye.  I love this brand of caramels but try not to buy them too often because I can eat the whole bag in a very short time all by myself.  But I couldn't resist this new limited edition fall flavor and boy are they good.  It makes a nice treat to have one or two after supper.



~ haircut ~  a good haircut when it's badly needed really lifts my spirits.  I got one this week and I'm so thankful I have a good stylist that gives a great cut every single time.  

What have been your favorite 5 blessings this week?






(courtesy of countryliving.com)










11 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

We had a long overdue rain this week as well. It's nowhere near what we need but it is something. Those caramels look delicious. I'm going to see if I can find some!

Gattina said...

My mouth waters when I see the strawberries ! Often when they are too big they have no taste and are filled with water. We too had a roller coaster weather, warm, hot, rainy, cool etc, each day another weather ! To go to the hairdresser lifts the mood !

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Those little strawberries look delicious! What a nice treat. I am going to keep an eye out for those Caramel Apple flavored candies. They look good! I love your new plants. You remind me that I have a haircut appointment this weekend, and I am looking forward to getting my hair back in shape. I hope you have a good weekend. Thanks for hosting this great link-up.

Faith said...

oh my goodness. The strawberies remind me of my mom. How she used to LOVE to go strawberry picking. Every June. I was allergic to them as a child and teen so now the taste isn't a fave of mine altho i'm no longer allergic to them. Yes when they're grown in a hot house they are bigger cause are usually treated with chemicals. the u pick from a farm are usually much more wild, natural and small. Same with blackberries.

LOVE getting a fresh hair cut and mine is scheduled for next week when i'm back from the mountains.
Ok now you're reminding me of my beloved Dad. he ALWAYS bought those caramels (the regular flavor) and kept them in a bowl on the coffee table in their living room. always. I'm not a fan but my dad loved those. glad you found a fun flavor!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend Susanne! please be checking your snail mail :)

Wendy said...

Glad you got some rain. We got more this week just as the hosepipe ban started lol. Strawberries look yummy and those plants are pretty. Have a good weekend Susanne.

Willow said...

Oh yes, the smell of rain is one of my favorites. Right now, it looks like we are getting ready for a thunderstorm outside. I love them.
Coleus are such colorful plants. They look wonderful in your pots.
U-pick fruit (or even fruit at the farm stand) tastes so much better than regular store bought. I got some peaches last week--now I think I need to go get more!
Have a wonderful weekend, Susanne!

Karen said...

I'm remembering when I took my kids to a you-pick farm for strawberries. It was fun for everyone. We've had some welcome relief with rain and cooler weather, too. It will most likely warm up again for a few weeks, so I'm enjoying this while it lasts. Those caramels sound yummy!

ellen b. said...

Oh boy the little strawberries look great. We've found local farm fresh are the best. We got a little rain here, too. The coleus are looking very nice. Have a good weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

Those strawberries look luscious. I have never been to a u-pick place, either, but I imagine the produce is so much fresher there. A good haircut is so uplifting. I love the smell of rain. We were having too much of it for a few weeks, but thankfully now it has become more occasional. Though we haven't had as much as predicted today, the clouds sure have made the temperatures feel better.

nikkipolani said...

**SOB!** No rain for us for months and no "smell of a thunderstorm rolling in" :-( But glad that you've had some relief from super hot temps.

Those strawberries sound heavenly. My mom always said the strawberries in Vietnam were much smaller and one berry could flavor a glass of water. These sound super tasty!

Aren't coleus plants the coolest? Such variety and vibrance.

PaulaShort said...

I tried the Werthers caramel, they are so good. Thank you for hosting.