Friday, July 01, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #688



Welcome to the second half of the year! Wait, what?  How did that happen?  How can it already be the start to the last half of 2022 already.  Time is just a marchin' on, I tell ya.  Good thing Friday's ground me and make me take a pause to reflect on the goodness of God or it would just zip right on by.  Please join us as we look back over the week to find the blessings God has brought our way, big or small and to share five of them.  



~ birdsong ~ the pine trees next door have been host to a variety of birds over the years and this spring and summer a canary has taken residence.  We are privy to it's wonderful singing on an almost daily basis.  It's a shy little creature though who doesn't like to have it's picture taken as I cannot even catch a glimpse of him though goodness knows I've tried. 


~ new summertime favorite drink ~ every summer St*rbucks comes up with a new summer  flavor and this year they have hit it out of the park for me.  What's more summery than Pineapple/P*ssionfruit?  Oh wait, add coconut to make a P*radise Drink.  (* in place of "a" so I don't get a whole bunch of strange googlers).  Oh my, I'm going to have a hard time resisting being there everyday to get this!




~ special delivery ~ I picked up my aforementioned drink on my way to make a special delivery to my Mom.  I picked the first bloom off of the peony bush that I took from her home before it was sold  to take to her.  She was so pleased and watching her big smile while looking at it made me so happy.  


~ foot mask ~ with sandal weather upon us, it is time for a good pedicure, but now that my Esthetician daughter no longer lives in the same city as me, I am back to the good ol' fashioned homemade pedicure.  My friend had gifted me one of these for Christmas and I was saving it for just such a time.  It's a sock like thingy you put on your feet for 20 minutes and it leaves your feet nice and soft.  Just what I needed.  A fresh coat of "Mellow" yellow polish just speaks summery to me.  Now I'm ready for some cute sandals.




~ long weekend ~ July 1st is Canada Day here for us Canadians.  So glad this year it lands on a Friday so we have a long weekend!  I need this day off.  Though I won't be going where the crowds are to celebrate, I will enjoy some bike riding, reading and down time.  I have some plans to get some organization done, we'll see if that happens.  

What have been your favorite blessings this week?









9 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I loved the pineapple passion fruit drink as well! So summery and refreshing! Our peonies have gone by now but they smelled so beautiful It we bittersweet because my mum and I planted them together. She would have been so happy to see them blooming. I hope you enjoy your long weekend. It’s nice to be back after a long hiatus. I enjoyed reading about your week.

Barbara Harper said...

How sweet to take your mom a bloom from the peony bush that had been at her house. I had not heard of foot masks. I will have to look into them. Happy Canada Day!

Wendy said...

Oh I bet your Mum was delighted with that peony bloom. Enjoy your long weekend Susanne.

Karen said...

The pineapple cooler sounds delicious, and I love that it complements your pedi color:) The foot mask sounds wonderful. I have a paraffin wax machine that I use for my hands. I haven't tried it yet for my feet yet. Happy Canada Day!!

ellen b. said...

Happy Canada Day to you and yours, Susanne. How sweet that there was a bloom to take to your dear mom from her transplanted Peony! Happy weekend to you.

Willow said...

Hmmm, ok. I am going to have to try that S-bucks drink now. Since I'm in Florida this weekend, it would only be fitting, right?
All the summer things are so nice, especially sandal weather.
That peony and your mom's smile must have been a wonderful combination.
Happy Canada Day to you!
Enjoy your long weekend!

PaulaShort said...

Happy Canada Day! The canary certainly does seem shy. There isn't a Starbucks near me but that drink sounds fantastic. Humm...a foot socky thing, I'm going to have to look into that. Thank you for hosting.

Faith said...

we were still away in the Finger Lakes region (4 hours southwest of us in the southern tier of NYS) when FFF arrived so i had to skip this past week. Looks like you have some great faves on here.....I bought those feet masks for my girls' stockings last Xmas...they're awesome. I actually have a citrus face one i might use later today.....back to summer school tomorrow and yes i am still dealing with the daily sinus headache. it's sorta easing up at times but mostly still present. thanks for all your praying.

nikkipolani said...

That summer drink sounds amazing -- and so picturesque next to the glorious peony. I'm so pleased you could share with your dear mom.

I agree about the birds singing. Such a sweet sound.