Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #679




Welcome to the end of April and Friday's Fave Five.  I can't believe it is the end of April already!  The days seem to be so long when I am in them and yet seem to have zipped by when looking back at them.  Such a dichotomy it is.  All the more reason to take note of the blessings God brings into my ordinary everyday.  Learning to focus on the good makes the blessings more obvious and takes some of the power away from the bad.  When we focus on the bad and/or negative things in our lives they quickly become monsters that we can't see around.  Let's train ourselves to look for the blessing.

~ lunch date with our pastors ~ it has been so long, last summer I think it was, that we were able to have brunch out with our pastors/friends.  It was nice to catch up, share our blessings, trials and our grief.  Both of our families have lost loved ones over the last 4 months.  It was a lovely and uplifting time of support and friendship.

 ~ tiramisu ~ I love this Italian dessert.  It came with our brunch meal and I enjoyed every bite.  And then I enjoyed it again later in the evening as Hubby gave me his and I brought it home to enjoy later.  Yum!

~ sunshine with no wind ~ the week has been wonderful spring weather.  Weather around here is hit and miss in the spring as we get it all.  And wind, we get wind!  But the last week there has been lots of sun interspersed with the clouds and no wind.  I've been outside everyday with the dayhome kids and walks in one of my favorite areas.  Enjoying that sun on the skin!


~ helpful hubby ~ several times this week I have gone to do one one of my chores only to find it already done.  Hubby just  notices that something needed doing or that I was especially tired or that he had more spare time than me and quietly took it upon himself to get it done.  No fanfare, no seeking praise.  Acts of service being one of my love languages it really speaks to me and is greatly appreciated.

~ survival ~ just before possession date on the sale of my Mom's house last fall I dug up her gorgeous peony bush.  I plunked it in the middle of our front lawn thinking if it survived I would build a garden around it.  I had my fingers crossed as I didn't really do anything special just basically stuck it in the ground because I didn't have the time.  Well when I went out there and checked this week, one lonely little shoot is coming up, but that means it survived the winter and the replant.  I'm so happy.   Now to baby it with some good soil and fertilizer and prayer. 


What have been your favorite blessings this past week?







9 comments:

Gattina said...

Tiramisu is also the favorite desert of Rick ! and you know what it means ? "Pull me up" good name ! We also had a wonderful warm week with sunshine but it was cold in the mornings and evenings.

Faith said...

GREAT quote at the end here!

YAY for the plant surviving the re-plant. That must really make you smile. And YAY for a week with sunshine and hubby's help. I think your winds came across the nation to our state...my goodness, it was so windy we lost a tile of shingles from the roof...yikes...NOT good news but today is calmer, praise God.

It's truly a blessing when one is friends with the pastoral team. I'm so thankful Dave and you had a chance to do brunch. (and my dave LOVES a good tiramisu!!).

HAPPY WEEKEND!

Willow said...

Being out in the sunshine is truly wonderful (and it's free).
I am glad your mom's peony survived the transplant and winter. Same with one a friend gave me last fall. I thought it was dead and gone-- nope. When I got back from England, I checked--up and pushing out lots of leaves.
Good times of fellowship with friends are so encouraging!

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have had a wonderful week of blessings. So glad to hear that your mom's beloved peony bush survived. Glad that you were able to get together for lunch with your pastor. I have never heard of that kind of desert you had, but it sounds delicious. Thank goodness for kind and helpful husbands. It's always nice to get outside when the weather is nice. Glad you were able to do that this week. Have a good weekend. Thanks for hosting FFF. See you again soon!

Barbara Harper said...

So thankful for the wonderful time of fellowship with your pastors. And sunshine and the chance to get out in it every day! My love language is acts of service, too, and those kinds of things mean so much. I am so glad the peony bush survived! I want to plant some this year.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a good full week. Those acts of service are such a blessing. Yippee for the Peony surviving. Now may it thrive! Have a good weekend.

Wendy said...

Tiramisu is one of my favourite desserts. Sounds like a good week and so glad the peony survived. You're lucky to have a hubby who notices things and then gets them done. Mine is very helpful especially with the cooking but he's not very observant lol. Enjoy your weekend Susanne.

Ann said...

Wonderful that your peony survived!

nikkipolani said...

So so so pleased to hear that your mom's peony has survived. Wonderful way to have a bit of her garden in yours.

Having spent several days in Cambria's windy spring, I can appreciate your fave of sunshine minus wind!

That husband of yours. Well done, Mr. Living To Tell The Story!!