Friday, April 22, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #678



Welcome back to Friday's Fave Five.  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus Christ!  Easter is so much more about the lamb and not the bunny.  For us it was very quiet as none of the kids came home as they'd all just been here for the funeral.  Mom tested positive for covid so we aren't allowed to eat with her when she's in isolation as that requires taking masks off.  But there was still lots of blessings in the week that we can be so thankful for.

~ so far, so good ~ It's always nerve wracking when you hear of a senior that gets covid and such was the case when Mom tested positive.  But it's been a week now and the only big symptom she has had has been fatigue.  I am so thankful that those vaccinations are working for her and have kept severe outcomes at bay.  It was frustrating not getting to have Easter dinner with her as we also missed Christmas Eve dinner because of covid but at least if we want we can still visit her, we just have to take the required precautions.  At Christmas we couldn't even see her for 14 days because I was a direct contact.  And I'm so thankful she is for the most part alright.

~ unique Easter dinner ~  Dave and I were on our own for Easter dinner and because he had a bit of a cough (not covid), we decided we were craving sushi so got a Bento Box takeout from a Thai fusion restaurant.  It was definitely a non-traditional Easter lunch but was very delicious.  And I didn't have to cook.

~ days of rest ~ because the kid's didn't come home the long weekend actually brought me a time of  much needed rest.  With the long days in the hospital with Dad and then his passing and funeral and all that goes with it, and then going back to work right away, I was more exhausted than I realized.  A four day weekend with basically nothing to do but what I wanted and nowhere to be was good medicine.  Dave made a huge batch of his popcorn and we watched lots of movies, drank lots of coffee and read to my heart's content.  Four days with no commitments was heaven!

~  book discussion ~  a friend who I haven't seen in a very long time (think many many years) reconnected and we decided we'd like to do a book study/discussion.  We chose a book together and met last week for the first chapter.  We had some great discussion surrounding the topic and scriptures.  Now we just have to figure out how to wrap it up a bit quicker as 4 hours, yes you read that right, went by so fast we didn't even realize what time it was.  We were both a bit tired the next day to say the least.

~ new socks ~  a silly little thing.  But there's nothing that makes you realize how old and rough one's old socks were getting than putting on a fresh new pair of soft socks.  

What have been your favorite blessings from the last week?







8 comments:

Gattina said...

I can imagine you were exhausted with all which happened lately to you ! I spent Easter alone too, except I visited Rick but he was not well and I didn't stay long. It's a pity that you couldn't have lunch with your mum, but probably it's better so. We have only to wear masks in hospitals of medical centers, but also in retirement homes. As Rick doesn't leave his room anymore, once I am in his room I take my mask off, otherwise he as difficulties to understand me.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. It's good to see you back for FFF. Glad you had a nice restful, low-key Easter weekend. Also good to hear that your mom seems to be doing OK even though she tested positive. Covid is still something to be reckoned with, but things are considerably better, or so it seems. So glad you could reconnect with a friend and have a nice, long book discussion. That sounds like so much fun! Have a great weekend and I will see you again soon.

Barbara Harper said...

So glad your mom isn't experiencing severe symptoms from Covid. I hope she's better soon. Your four-day weekend sounds wonderful! Sounds like a great book discussion with your friend! Yay for little blessings like new socks.

ellen b. said...

Thankful for you that you had an extended weekend to rest. It is exhausting to go through what you have gone through. Blessings!

Faith said...

i love everything about your faves and especially your non committments weekend and the LAMB!! Praise God for the Lamb of God and His sacrifice for us...and eternal life.

I'm so glad your mom is not dealing with a lot of the covid symptoms...that is a huge blessing.

I love that you got to see an old friend, reconnect and are doing a Bible study together. there is NOTHING like studying the word of God with dear friends and sisters in Christ.

there is NOTHING like a few days of downtime doing the things that totally relax you. I can SO relate to that.

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you had the time last weekend to rest and relax after all the upheavals you've had. I love new socks too!

Linda Hoye said...

The older I get the more I appreciate quiet celebrations. Easter weekend was perfect in that the focus was on the resurrection. Nothing big and fancy, just quiet reflection and ordinary days made extraordinary by refocusing on what Easter means.

Jerralea said...

"Four days with no commitments" sounds like my idea of heaven, also.

Susanne, it is awesome you've been sharing thankfulness now for 678 times! I salute you! And thanks for hosting so that we may all join in.