Wednesday, March 09, 2022

March Reading Possibilities

February was a great reading month.  I finished 4 books, getting each of my goal categories ticked off,  in spite of it being a shorter month.  Granted one of the books did lag into March before I finished it but it's still done and one book was able to be slotted into two categories but hey, 4 books!  This month the Read Your Bookshelf Challenge   is reading books that have something to do with growth. The word can be in the title, there can be something growing on the cover or some kind of growth can happen in the book.  This was a hard one to come up with!  I mean how do you know growth is happening in the story until you actually read the story.  So I basically pulled books that had some thing on the cover like flowers or vegetation that grows.  

My March Possibility Pile looks like this:





READ YOUR BOOKSHELF CHALLENGE (March Prompt:  Growth)

          ~ The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas
          ~ The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley
          ~ Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
          ~ The Life List by Lori Nelson Spielman (also fits purchased 2020 - 2022) (finished)


AUDIOBOOK

          ~ Another Gospel by Alisa Childers (started last month)  (finished)
          ~ Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys (also fits Library to read list)


LIBRARY TO READ LIST

          ~ Indian in the Cabinet by Jody Wilson-Raybould (also fits Non-Fiction category) (finished)
          ~ Dogwood by Chris Fabry
          ~ The Four Winds by Kristen Hannah


BOOK PURCHASED 2020 - 2022

          ~ The Maid by Nita Prose
          ~  Little Broken Things by Nicole Baart
          ~ The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter by Hazel Gaynor


Hopefully, though it has had a slow start, this month will also turn out to be a great reading month!  What are you reading this month?








    


4 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

I'm reading Another Gospel now. So good.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I just finished The Maid and was disappointed with it, but others love it. I loved the last Nicole Baart I read and I have heard such great things about The Four Winds. Right now, I am reading a couple of nonfictions, and am "test reading" another mystery/suspense book to see if I am going to continue with it. Whatever you choose, looks like March will be an excellent reading month for you!

Karen said...

I just finished The Forgotten Room, which was a collaboration by three authors. One is Karen White, and I've always enjoyed her books. This one was such a disappointment :( Not sure what I'll read next. My reading plan for this year has gone seriously sideways!

Faith said...

Oh i JUST finished The Four Winds...did you see my review?? I LOVED it. I'm not going to read The Maid as there've been so many mixed reviews and I have so many others from the library i want to read. I was interested in Another Gospel as I saw that on a site of Christian books.....but i didn't end up buying it. I started the Lilac Girls but never finished it and it was SO MUCH ALIKE so many others set in that time period that i never did go back to the library to take it out again to finish. The LIghthouse Keeper's Daughter sounds really familiar. I may have read that one. Great list for you!!