Friday, February 25, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #672


Good morning and welcome to the last Fave Fives post of February.  This month was quite the month and now here we are at the end of it already.  There have been some hard things in my country of Canada happening and in Ukraine.  Things that have taken up space in minds and hearts and dominated conversations.  This morning is a good reminder to just step back for a moment a take note of the blessings that have come our way this week.  Blessing that may not otherwise have been noticed because of the barrage of bad news headlines.  Please join us as we remember that even in the most trying of circumstances let us look for that which God sends to lift us up or make our burdens just that bit lighter even for if for a moment.  


~ frozen rain in star shapes ~  this week has been quite the variety of weather we've had in Southern Alberta.  One day we had frozen rain that came down in these incredible star shapes.  I don't recall ever seeing this and it was so fascinating.  God really is an artist and sometimes the beauty in the most simple things of creation is a blessing to behold and brings joy.



~ hearing from an old friend ~ I received a message from an old friend I have not heard from in a very long time the other day.  Long story short we now have a coffee date set for Monday.  I'm really looking forward to meeting up with her and catching up! 

~ good gift card choice ~ this week was my oldest daughter's birthday.  We always send a little gift card that she can enjoy.  I try to think outside the box and change it up a bit each year, making it a touch more personal than just a MC or Visa gift card and this year I had an idea, googled for local shops in her city and sent an e-gift card crossing my fingers that I had chosen well.  She was thrilled with it which was really awesome and the fact it was a local shop made her really happy.  She's never even heard of the store so is looking forward to going and choosing something.  It's fun when the gift receiver is excited about their gift.  It's a blessing to me, the giver!

~ unsolicited hugs and cuddles from the littles ~ how I love when out of the blue the dayhome kids crawl up on my lap and give me a hug and cuddles.  It just melts the heart to feel those little arms around my neck

~ comfort food on cold days ~  this week got quite frigid again around these parts so some favorite comforting food made the menu this week.  Soups and stews and pasta were enjoyed.  

What have been your favorite blessings from the week?






8 comments:

Wendy said...

Yes these are worrying times. I'm glad you found some good things during your week and yes, hugs from little ones are always welcome. Have a good weekend Susanne.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I love how your found so much to be grateful for in simply everyday things this week. That star shaped frozen rain is fascinating. I have never seen anything like that. Comfort food is always a good choice on cold days. So glad your daughter was pleased with her gift card. Hugs from littles is always on my list of faves. Glad things went well. See you again soon.

Barbara Harper said...

Wow, I have never seen star-shaped frozen rain clusters like that, either. So cool! What a neat idea about the gift card from a local shop! I will have to remember that. It's so easy to lose touch with friends and so nice to hear from one. How sweet to get an unexpected hug from a little one. Yay for comfort food.

Faith said...

God's creation just amazes me...great photo....i've never seen that either!
YAY for a great gift card well received.

I LOVE getting together with my closest, oldest friends for coffee. Enjoy the coffee date!!

HAPPY WEEKEND....we're actually getting SNOW this morning!! hte most we'e had all winter...about 4 inches already. Better than the foot they predicted :)

R's Rue said...

What a beautiful photo.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

ellen b. said...

Love those unsolicited hugs! I do so enjoy when I get the right gift or at least a gift that is really enjoyed. Hope you have a good weekend!

Karen said...

I'm thankful to be able to come here each week and be reminded of the blessings that continue to abound even when the world is in turmoil.

I love your idea for the gift card for your daughter. It's hard to choose things as our kids get older and also when they live far away. Mailing packages is expensive. I'm going to give this some thought for birthdays coming up.

Those cuddles can make ones day, for sure <3

Willow said...

Love those star snowflakes!
This week, I wrote about a zoom call with an long time friend! Maybe February is for Friends.
Awww. Little hugs.
This past week and the weeks ahead will be filled with sorrow and struggle. I am glad we have this place to come and focus on the GOOD. Thank you!