Saturday, December 11, 2021

December Reading Possibilities

Yikes.  Again I didn't get this post up at the beginning of the month.  Oh well.  Better late than never, I suppose.  November went pretty well with my reading goals.  I read two physical books and one audiobook and I started a non fiction as well.  I didn't finish that one, however.  It's a chunker, and very dense with information.  I kind of got to a certain point and just couldn't read anymore of the loads of info and they hadn't even reached the part where the Spanish flu begins.  I jumped ahead and it's somewhere around the 170 page mark.   It's all just been a background information dump of scientists and research.  I'll have to see in the new year if I'll continue with it.

This month the Read Your Shelf Challenge prompt is "A Winter Element on the Cover".  I don't have a whole lot for that but I found a few.




READ YOUR SHELF CHALLENGE

          ~ Miracle in the Andes by Nando Parrando
          ~ 52 Little Lessons From A Christmas Carol by Bob Welch (reread)
          ~ The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff  (finished)
          ~ First Light by Bill Rancic
          ~ What Happens at Christmas by Victoria Alexander
          ~ Christmas Camp by Karen Schaler  DNF'd

A BOOK ON MY SHELVES SPECIFICALLY PURCHASED BETWEEN 2019-2021

          ~ Echo Among the Stones by Jaime Jo Wright
          ~ The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter by Hazel Gaynor


ON HOLD AT THE LIBRARY

          ~ After Alice Fell by Kim Taylor Blakemore
          ~ The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles (started December 2021 and finished January 2022)


AUDIOBOOK
          
          ~ Under the Tulip Tree by Michelle Shocklee (finished)


Last month of the year...what are you reading?  Are you going to make your reading goal this year assuming you make one?





2 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have read 52 Lessons from A Christmas Carol and LOVED it! I also read The Orphan's Tale. I liked it. I am reading a Christmas books right now that I am not like all that much, but hope lives on and maybe it will get better! See you again soon. Have a great week. :-)

Faith said...

OOH I LOVE Pam Jenoff books.....the Woman with the Blue Star was excellent. I don't think I"ve read Orphan's Tale yet. I did read the orphan train but i don't remember if she was the author. Her books do tend to be very similar.

I'm reading Chris Bohjalian's latest The Red Lotus. Am almost done. It's SO GOOD!!! as are all of his or at least almost all. I think there was a one i didn't care for.

HAPPY READING