Monday, November 01, 2021

November Reading Possibilities

Second to last month of the year!  How is your reading going so far this year?  October I was able to finish 3 books.  I'm behind on my yearly goal of 50 which is disappointing but life got in the way this year.  I tell ya it will be a party the year I actually accomplish the goal of 50.  I don't know how people accomplish reading over 100 books in a year.  If you know the secret let me know!  

So for the Read Your Shelf Challenge which I am doing November's Prompt is "A Book with a Night Scene on the Cover".  I fudged a bit because I couldn't find any for sure night scenes so I threw in any that could have been either a sunrise or a sunset, shadowed or dusky in appearance, etc.  It's also "Non-Fiction November" so I chose a good handful of those to choose from all of which are also on my shelves except for the one library hold.




READ YOUR SHELF CHALLENGE
     
         ~ The Whistler by John Grisham
         ~ Our Daily Bread by Lauren B. Davis
         ~ Night Road by Kristen Hanna
         ~ A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena
         ~ By the Light of a Thousand Stars by Jamie Langston Turner

A BOOK ON MY SHELVES SPECIFICALLY PURCHASED BETWEEN 2019 - 2021
  
         ~ Big Lies in a Small Town by Diane Chamberlain  (finished)
         ~ This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger


ON HOLD AT THE LIBRARY
        ~ The Nature of Fragile Things by Susan Meissner (finished)


NON-FICTION NOVEMBER

          ~ Don't Overthink It by Anne Bogel
          ~ Under the Banner of Heaven by Jon Krakauer  DNF
          ~ The Great Influenza by John M. Barry  (started)
          ~ Radical by David Platt (the group's bible study)

Update:  I'm adding an audiobook into the non-fictions as I came across the audio version of a book I've been wanting to read at some point.
          ~ God in the ICU:  The Inspirational Biography of a Praying Doctor by Dave Walker, MD  (finished)

What's everybody reading this month?  Do you read non-fiction?  What's a favorite non-fiction of yours?



2 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

I see you have one of Jamie Langston Turner's books! It's been a while since I read that one, but all of hers are good and a little different from the usual Christian fiction.

I read Don't Overthink It a few months ago--very good.

I just finished an excellent book--a true story of a family's persecution and forgiveness: The Devil in Pew Number Seven. My review will be up in the morning.

I'm reading a few nonfiction this month, but I *have* to have a story to read as well. :-)

Faith said...

I'm currently finishing up an excellent historical fiction called The Yellow Bird Sings. I'm in the middle of a non fiction Christian study called Becoming Myself and I'm almost done with a non fiction book called Connections (about how we relate to nature/in nature). I don't tend to read a lot of non fiction but i did read a couple of memoirs this year and now this nature book is fascinating since i am all about nature, mountains, etc.
I do want to read a non fiction book that I'm hoping to get for xmas: Katie Couric's new memoir. I love her!!