Friday, October 22, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #655





Today is Friday and time for us to pause our busy lives and be grateful.  In our busyness, our stress whether it be good or bad stress, our apathy, our drifting from day to day or our dashing through our days, it is easy to not even notice those everyday blessings God places in our lives.  Some blessings are simple and some are huge but each are worth our noticing and giving God thanks for them.  Please feel free to join in as we share five of the blessings God has sent our way this week.

~ Operation Christmas Child boxes ~  It's that most wonderful time of year where we get to pack Operation Christmas Child shoebox gifts.  The kick off announcement went great, church member took most of the 75 boxes I had built and put out.  I put out another 25 for election day.  Our church is a polling station and it was municipal elections last Monday.  By 1 o'clock the office was phoning to ask if there were more.  Good thing I had asked the local logistics director, who just happens to be a parent in my childcare, for another 25 just that week.  Well at voting closing one of the ladies was texting me that all but 4 were taken!  Praise God.  So I had to go ask for another 25 to set up for church again on Sunday.  I am giddy with excitement for all the children who will receive their gifts lovingly and prayerfully packed!  I better grab my own boxes before they're gone again!




~ Cappuccino yogurt ~  Ya gotta love coffee for this one but if you do well then have I got a yogurt for you!  This is dessert worthy!  Reminds me of tiramisu.  So delicious!



~ getting back to a workout routine ~ I was doing so good and loved how healthy I felt.  I was going to the gym 3 times a week and felt strong.  The came a thing called COVID and the gym closed.  And never reopened.  I loved it because it was a ladies gym and now there is no ladies only gym in my city.  The first 3 months of COVID when I was also off work I walked almost every single day, long walks and hikes with my hubby.  But then I went back to work and the work out routine slipped totally away.  But this week I forced myself to start working out at home even though I hate working out at home.  I'm starting small again but it's a start.  And it feels good once I get it done.

~ exercise therapy long distance ~ It comes in really handy having a fitness trainer in the family.  I've been having shoulder trouble and all it took was a phone call to my oldest daughter who wrangled one of her clients into being the demo model while she talked me through some strengthening exercises over messenger.  She's also helped her dad out when he was having some arm issues too.  

~ coffee with a friend ~ It's been a long, long time since I've gone out for a coffee with a friend.  But Tuesday found me sitting across the booth from a good friend sharing laughs, family catch up and some heart to heart over a cup of tea.  It was a much needed time of refreshing.

What were your favorite blessings this week?

















5 comments:

Faith said...

yay for coffee dates and OCC!!! I have a box but still need to do the shopping for it.....and now that Claire is back home out of college, she can do one too. Our tradition used to be to go shopping on OUR election day (nov 6 when the public schools were closed) for the 4 OCC boxes we would take. I miss those days....now the girls go and do their own.

I used to eat that yogurt but gave up all dairy but that's a flavor i absolutely LOVE. I'll have to look for it for dave as he still eats dairy and loves the flavor. He likes their lime one too

So glad you're back to working out. It really does help in all areas but especially physically and mentally! I can't go a day with out a good power walk or my yoga stretches.

How thoughtful of your daughter to help you with the shoulder. Glad she brought you some relief!

Barbara Harper said...

What a neat response to the OCC boxes! Our church usually does them, but I haven't heard anything this year yet. I may do one online if we're not doing them in person this year.

Good for you for starting to work out at home. I need to get back to walking regularly.

So glad you were able to have an in-person get-together with a friend.

That IS great to have a fitness trainer in the family!

Karen said...

How exciting that there's so much enthusiasm for your OCC project. Wow, it's always a reminder to me that Christmas is approaching fast.

It's great that you've found a fitness activity that is working for you. I need to get back to my walks. I guess part of the challenge is being ready to regroup when life throws you changes. YOu're doing a great job at that.

How awesome that your daughter could help you out! Half the battle is trying to find the time and the place to go with PT. Nice that you can stay home and have it all taken care of.

Have a great weekend, Susanne!

Willow said...

I am so excited for Operation Christmas Child boxes again! Our church had a great kick off last week.
Good for you getting back on the exercise regimen. I love my walks and hikes but need to do more. And you are so fortunate to have a daughter in exercise therapy to help you. Love that one of her clients can help out too :)
Have a good weekend! I hope you can outside for a walk, hike or bike ride.

nikkipolani said...

I feel like my church is behind on the OCC boxes!! I asked a few weeks ago and got a blank look -- they launch in Nov rather than have a long launch/collection window. That's so great that you're off to a roaring start.

Glad you've found a way to get some exercise and advice for trouble spots. I need to follow your example....

Aren't those connections outside our routine so wonderful? Glad you were refreshed by your coffee date with friend.