Friday, October 08, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #653



Welcome to a very fallish FFF.  Is your area showing signs of fall. It sure is in Southern Alberta!  Our days have been warm but the nights are getting cold.  Our home heating is kicking in and leaves are falling.  And the afternoons are windy!  It's a beautiful fall so far.  Time to take a pause and look at the blessings God has brought me way!

~ front porch flowers ~ once again this year my rosebud geraniums did amazing!  They just took off once the intense heat eased up a little bit.  The blooms were as big as the palm of my hand.  I had some tips of wintering them and replanting in the spring so I'm going to give it a try and see if it will work for me.


This is actually 3 flower pots hiding under the geraniums.   

~ transplanting Mom peony bush ~ This week had some lovely weather so I was able to get a hole dug and I transplanted Mom's peony bush that I took before her home sold.  Praying it will do well in this full sun spot then every time I look out my front windows I'll be reminded of my childhood home and the flowers my mom loved.



~ Sable Seedless Grapes ~ Found these at Costco and boy are they delicious.  So sweet and juicy.  Some of the best grapes I think I've had!



~ an actual afternoon break ~ when one is in the home child care business you are not guaranteed an actual break in the day.  But right now I have a group that actually all nap really well right after lunch so I have a good hour plus to actually eat lunch myself and enjoy some peace and quiet.  

~ neighborhood walks ~ just doing neighborhood walks when I can.  Gets me out and moving and enjoying the nice scents and colors of fall.

What have been your favorite blessings this week?



 



9 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Have you had the cotton candy grapes? Oh my goodness they are delicious!

Faith said...

Stilł summer like here with temps in the high 60s and low 70s and lotsa sunshine the last few days but nights are getting cooler and leaves are at peak in some of the Adirondack mountain regions ( central and north where i typically hike). Here the leaves are JUST starting to turn. It's been a gorgeous autumn so far!!

Love,the plants and i think it's so special you're replanted ngmyour moms.

Yay for quiet lunches and reading breaks and walks in the hood.

Happy weekend!!!

Ps is this weekend the Canadian thanksgiving??

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne! I love that rosebud geranium. It is stunning. What a lovely flower to have close to your front door. I also love that you are transplanting you mom's peony bush in your yard. I hope it flourishes and brings you good memories for many years. So glad you are getting a little break during the day with your young nappers. I used to LOVE nap time when my kids were little. That was my "resting time" as well. Hope you have a great weekend. See you again soon. (P.S. I am "anxious" to see how you like Anxious People. It is on my "to read" list. I loved A Man Called Ove).

Barbara Harper said...

Those geraniums are gorgeous! I will have to look for some next spring. I hope your mom's peonies do well. How neat to have that memento from your family home.

It's been a little cooler here, and the leaves are starting to turn. I love this space between the cold of winter and heat of summer.

I keep grapes around, since they're about the easiest fruit to deal with--no peeling needed, and they don't spoil fast. Sometimes they're great, other times they're sour or tasteless. It's a treat to have some that taste really good.

Yay for afternoon breaks and neighborhood walks!

nikkipolani said...

That is one gorgeous geranium -- and definitely healthy and super happy where you've planted it. Hope it will overwinter for you! I think your transplanted peony will survive. They don't like to be moved and will probably take a year or two to recover, but I think it'll make it. They hate SoCal and mine still eke out a leaf or two though it's completely smothered by a shrub and gets zero care and has had its roots disturbed.

Glad you've got such an amenable group of kids this time around! May those naps continue! Happy weekend, friend.

Gattina said...

We too have nice warm weather aronud 19° during the day but 6-8 in the evening.M friend in France says The same she works in a kindergarden with little once at laest she can rest a bit after lunch.

Willow said...

Oh I love those rose geraniums! I'm going to have to look for some next spring!
Hurray for your neighborhood walks. We try to get out and walk around our neighborhood if we don't make it to a trail for a longer hike.
You are amazing to care for those little ones. I'm glad you have a chance for those restful times in the afternoons.

ellen b. said...

Those rosebud geraniums are amazing! All the peonies that we transplanted have survived and I hope your mom's does, too. Happy Thanksgiving weekend to you and yours!

Karen said...

The rose geraniums are just gorgeous!! I would love to find some. I'm going to attempt to winter some of my favorites this year, so fingers crossed.

My peonies love the sun and I hope your mom's will thrive for you.

So glad you are getting a lunch break for yourself. I remember those days when I cherished that time nap time when my kids were small.

Happy Thanksgiving!