Sunday, September 05, 2021

September Reading Possibilities

Oh my goodness, I am soooo behind on my reading goals for this year.  But who can predict what life is going to throw at you to take chunks out of your time you would rather spend reading?  I had such great plans to knock off at least 3 books from the August challenge of reading books from a series.  But alas, I didn't even finish one, it will have to carry on into September.  I am now 8 books behind on my Goodreads goal of 50 books for 2021 but I will not sweat it, it is what it is, but will... 



So for September the Read Your Shelf Challenge is "A Translated Book".

Here are  my choices for September's reading possibilities:

ON HOLD AT THE LIBRARY:

          ~Dreams of Joy by Lisa See (carry over from August)
          ~Along a Storied Trail by Ann H. Gabhart (finished)
          ~The Best is Yet to Come by Katy Collins
          ~Our Italian Summer by Jennifer Probst
          ~After Alice Fell by Kim Taylor Blakemore
          ~Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer Chiaverini

READ YOUR SHELF CHALLENGE (A translated book)

           ~Anxious People by Fredrik Backman  (finished)
           ~The Little Old Lady Behaving Badly by Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg

BOOK PURCHASED IN 2019 - 2021

          ~ As the Light Fades by Catherine West
          ~The Lighthouse Keeper's Daughter by Hazel Gaynor
          ~Doing Life With Your Adult Children: Keep your mouth shut & the welcome mat out by              Jim Burns  (finished)





          
What are you reading this September?  How was your month of August for reading?



1 comment:

Barbara Harper said...

I read a little less in August, probably because we had family here for several days. But that was fun, too. Some of my favorites from August were Unconditional by Eva Marie Everson, Call of a Coward: The God of Moses and the Middle-Class Housewife by Marcia Moston, and The Good Portion: Scripture: The Doctrine of Scripture for Every Woman by Keri Folmar. I don't think I am familar with any you have here except I've read Bacman's Ove. Anxious People sounds intriguing, as does Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker.