Friday, August 06, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #645


Welcome to August's first Friday's Fave Five.  Are you ready to  find your blessings from the past week?  Please join us as we intentionally look for and give thanks for those things that have blessed us, encouraged us or made us smile. 

~ an evening of rain showers ~ Wednesday evening the clouds rolled in and gave us a few good showers through out the evening.  It was so wonderful to have the heat cooled down and the smoke smell and haze washed away even if only for that evening.  

~ fun meals on staycation week ~ Last week I had off of work but it was a staycation.  We didn't go anywhere.  Though off work I still ended up being very busy with clearing out Mom's house and other chores.  Hubby was a real blessing in going and getting take out almost every day.  He said I  shouldn't have to cook on my week off.  It was so thoughtful of him as I was pretty tired by the end of each day.

~ company! ~ For the first time in over a year we actually had a couple of wonderful visits last week.  Friday night we went to our friend's home for a bbq dinner and a fun game of cards.  It was so fun just to be able to be at their home and enjoy their hospitality and company.  And Sunday we had my sister and brother in law over for a bbq.  Again the first time in over a year.  We enjoyed every minute of both evenings.

~ kids fitting in ~ I'll be perfectly honest and tell you I was not looking forward to coming back to work this month.  I've had a huge turnover in children in the dayhome and had 3 new kids starting this week.  Sometimes it's hard enough starting 1 new one at a time nevermind 3!  And though there has been some moments for the most part it has gone well.  I'm so grateful for that.

~ the Word of God ~ when everything around me is swirling in confusion and things come out of left field to try to mess with my heart and my mind I am so thankful I have the Word of God, the bible, to stand on.  He never changes and when I need peace in the middle of a storm I know I can have that firm foundation that doesn't shift and shimmy with "flavor of the day" so to speak.  

What are your favorite blessings this week?












7 comments:

Faith said...

Yay for hubby surprising you with take out. I love it when I'm on vacation at home because it's more relaxing than when I'm out working all day and then have to come home to chores and cooking! When we are away though i love going out!! Or getting take out......I'm glad you had those evenings to enjoy!!

New children starting in your day care must be hard .....i know it can be challenging with our preK students if one starts a few months later.....do you shut down for the month of August? Some home daycres around here do.

I see you have a new Martin novel!!! How is it?

Hanging out watching th friends and family for BBQ after this long pandemic is a true blessing!!!

Happy weekend!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I have new children in my class this month as well. I teach toddlers at a Montessori school. It’s been a rough start but the 2 of them are beginning to come around…slowly.

Barbara Harper said...

The rain sounds lovely when it's hot and hazy. I've sometimes tried to explain to my family that they get a whole weekend or week (or even three weeks off in some cases) from their work, but wives and moms don't get that from cooking. This year was the first time I had a complete week off while we were home. It's a little easier to do that now with just two of us than when we had five at home.

We're just getting to the place of thinking about having people over again. Thankfully our church has had monthly lunches outside on the pavilion when the weather has been good, so we've gotten some in-person fellowship in that way.

I can't imagine having three new kids start daycare at once. I guess this is the time of year for it, when the older ones go on to school. So glad it all worked out well this time.

Amen to the Word of God. So often it meets me in my exact need of the day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Great favorites this week - especially the last one. I don't know what people do who don't have a foundation of faith and the word of God. I love that you were able to get together with friends. Covid is raging again around here (too many anti-vaxxers) so we are back to masking up. We haven't had any company here for a visit for a long time. Getting take-out after a busy day so that you can relax during your week off is so thoughtful of your hubby. I wish I could have found a good day-home provider like you when my kids were little ad I needed to work. You are a blessing to those families whose children are in your care. I hope you know that.
Hope you have a good weekend. Will look forward to seeing you again soon. :-)

Wendy said...

Glad you had a nice break and that going back to work wasn't too hard. How nice to have visitors after such a long time. Enjoy your weekend.

Willow said...

Isn't it interesting that we are all so thankful for RAIN? It truly is a blessing to have the moisture in the ground and the relief from the heat.
Hurray for take out--we don't do it too often but I am thankful it is available.
Yes, the Word of God is there to encourage, comfort, challenge and reassure us.

ellen b. said...

So grateful for that firm foundation and God's Truth that we can always depend on. Take out is a nice treat when you work hard all day long. I'm glad to hear you are gathering with friends and family again. It is so encouraging to do that. Hope your weekend is going well.