Saturday, August 14, 2021

August 2021 Reading Possibilites

Last month I barely squeaked out one book.  It's been very busy with my Mom's house selling.  We have to be out of there at the end of August so I'm not sure what my reading, or my blogging for that matter, will look like in August either but it's fun to have goals, right?

The prompt from the Read Your Shelf Challenge for August is "A Book From A Series".  This is perfect because I have a few series I've either started or that are sitting in my pile waiting to be started.  All are from my own piles save one from the library but I really want to read that before I forget what happened in the first book.



READ YOUR SHELF CHALLENGE (August Prompt:  book from a series)

          ~ Unspoken by Francine Rivers (#5 Lineage of Grace Series)
          ~ Dangerous Depths by Colleen Coble (#3 Aloha Reef Series)
          ~ Midnight Sea by Colleen Coble (#4 Aloha Reef Series)
          ~ River's Song by Melody Carlson (#1 Inn at Shining Waters Series)
          ~ River's Call by Melody Carlson (#2 Inn at Shining Waters Series)
          

LIBRARY TO READS:

         ~ Dreams of Joy by Lisa See (#2 Shanghai Girls Series)

BOOKS PURCHASED SPECIFICALLY IN 2019-2021

          ~ Not By Sight by Kathy Herman (#1 Ozark Mountain Trilogy)
          ~ The Letter Keeper by Charles Martin (A Murphy Shepard Novel #2)  (finished)

I've also had a couple other books on the go finishing up from last month but that don't necessarily fit the challenge.

What are you reading this month?  Are you in the middle of a great series?  Do you like series or prefer stand alones?



1 comment:

Barbara Harper said...

I like series and stand-alone books. Sometimes if I've just finished a series, then I prefer reading a stand-alone for a break from a long story. But otherwise, it just depends on the story and what I'm in the mood for.