Friday, July 16, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #642


It's time to look back over the week and take a moment to look for our blessings.  I can't believe we're already into the middle of July.  The time seems to be disappearing more quickly than I realize.  And that makes Friday's Fave Five a very good practice for me otherwise I probably would be letting the blessings flit by me without really taking note or pausing to be grateful.  Won't you join in with us as we look for our blessings from the week?

~ house sold ~ after a bit of nerve wracking negotiations my Mom's house sold last week. And it sold for pretty much what we were asking.  I was a wreck during the negotiations even though we did have help from our realtor friend.  Because we knew who was trying to buy it it made it hard for me because I tend to be a people pleaser by nature so getting tough was very stressful.  But my friend kept telling me to not buckle because they market is hot here right now for modest homes and we all knew this organization wanted it.  I'm so glad we trusted his instincts and knowledge.  And now that is out of the way.  Now comes the time crunch to get everything sold and cleared out.

~ clean windows ~ since my son moved away our windows have not been cleaned on the outside and they were driving me crazy.  I'm not a ladder person and though we live in a bungalow it's a bit raised so a ladder is needed to reach them.  I finally couldn't stand it anymore and bit the bullet and did them myself last weekend.  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  I took my time and got her done.  

~ crazy daisy ~ this crazy little sprinkler is a summer life saver.  We had one when my own kids were growing up but it broke quite a few years ago.  The kids loved it, even the dog loved it,  and I've always been on the lookout for another.  I never found one until this year.  Hubby ordered me one and the day I put it one the dayhome kids loved it and ran and squeeled with laughter as the thing whipped around.  Don't know how long it will last, they don't make them like they used to, but hopefully we'll get a few good summers out it.  Thankful that hubby went on the search for one!


Pictures of our former doggy enjoying the crazy daisy (2011)



~ cold, fresh water  available at the turn of a tap ~ this week it has been so hot here...again.  And as I poured yet another glass of water it got me thinking how so many people in the world today, even with all our technology, don't have easy access to clean drinking water.  We are truly blessed to just go our kitchens and turn a tap and pour clear, clean, disease free water.  A few years back my son went on a mission trip with Samaritan's Purse where they built and installed biosand water filters for people in Nicaragua.  I remember him telling me stories of how excited families were to have one in their home and how they would call the neighbors to come see and they shared the water with their neighbors.  May I never take for granted our easy access.

 ~ haircut ~ a haircut always lifts my spirits.  My hair goes from being alright to being too long overnight it seems and I was due for a cut.  It was nice to go to the salon and get that done and also to see everyone's smiling faces as mask mandates have been lifted.  The salon I go to are so respectful to their clientele in that if you still chose to wear a mask, and many still are, your stylist would also wear one.  I love that.  Super wonderful owners and management there.  

What have been your blessings this week?  What are you thankful for?














8 comments:

Faith said...

love your faves!!

Good luck with the daisy sprinkler. We had one for the preschool kids during our summer session 2 years ago and it literally only lasted for 2 months. They definitely don't make em the way they usta!!

Praise God that your mom's house sold and you had a realtor friend to walk you through everything. It's so overwhelming. I remember the stress from selling my parents' home.

Yay for fresh cuts and cold tap water!!

I noticed you're reading A Hundred FLowers. I was looking at that at towne library but went with a differnt one for now. Let me know what you think!!

happy weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. So glad your mom's house sold and that you stayed strong during the negotiations. I think it is a seller's market pretty much everywhere in North America right now. Homes here is Utah are going for astronomical prices! That water sprinkler looks so fun. So glad you were able to get a new one for your Day Home kids. Yes, we do take so many things - like clean running water - for granted. Good for you for getting your windows cleaned. I need to do that too! Hope you have a good weekend and I will see you again soon!

Barbara Harper said...

I so agree with what you said at the beginning. If it weren't for this practice of FFF, I'd let so many blessings pass me by without much thought.

So glad your house sold. The market is really hot here, too--when my son and d-i-l were looking last winter, houses were listed and sold often before they even got a chance to look at them--and they were selling for much higher prices than usual. It was so good to have a realtor friend available to help.

I'm too wobbly for ladders. I'm hoping to do windows with my husband one day this summer--him outside and me inside. It is so nice to have them clean.

The crazy daisy looks like so much fun! One of my favorite activities as a kid was running through sprinklers.

I agree, a fresh haircut can make so much difference. I hope to get one today or next week.

I agree about cool, fresh water. That has not always been available and isn't available everywhere even now. I hope I don't take it for granted, either.

Anonymous said...

I have to post anonymously due to an issue with Blogger. (I couldn't comment on another poster's FFF because anonymous not allowed.) Love your crazy daisy. I vaguely remember them and can see why it would be great for use by someone caring for children in the summer!! Congratulations on the house sale - always a big relief. --Ann

nikkipolani said...

Congratulations on getting the house sold! I know there's a mountain of work ahead of you still, but at least it seems the worst fo the transition is behind you. For roomie, the worst is going through all the things -- everything makes her mom anxious, but the sale is being handled by experienced agents.

Hoping that daisy thing works for your kids and your new dog too! Those photos of the previous dog are hilarious.

Hurray for timely haircuts. And so many conveniences we take for granted.

Willow said...

Having lived where there was no clean water and every drop we used had to be boiled, I agree with you--I never take clean water for granted. I am thankful every day for clean water from a tap.
What a relief to have the house sold. Yes, it will be a chore to clean it all out and sell/give away the contents, but when it is done you will be so glad. Hint: plan on having a number of things end up in your garage/basement/attic...
Hurray for clean windows! Please come and wash mine :)
Happy Weekend to you!

Wendy said...

Love your list. Big things (selling the house) and little things (clean water) that make such a difference. Hope the sprinkler lasts for a while.

ellen b. said...

Glad you got the help you needed with the sale of your mom's home. Good to have that behind you. Hope all the selling and clearing goes well. Yippee for clean windows! It's time for ours to get done. Hope you are having some relaxation this weekend.