Friday, July 09, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #641


Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Thanks for popping by to take note of the blessings in your life and to share a handful of them with us.  It's been a super busy week this week.  A lot is going on with various things in life and I am so looking forward to the weekend.  But first a look back over the week, to peer beyond the busy and find and be grateful for the many blessings God has sent my way.

~ vaccination done ~ I finally qualified for the second dose and got my shot on Friday.  Glad that is over and done and just in time because Alberta opened pretty much all up.  I have to say it's quite odd being able to go most places without a mask now, though there is lots of people still wearing them.  Still have to wear them to visit my mom and dad in the supportive living places though so can't quite throw them away yet.

~ road trip ~ Saturday we took a road trip to the mountains and though we ended up turning around on our hike before we hit the lake due to the heat, it was still nice to get away from the city.  We stopped at a small town drive thru we like on the way home for sirracha burgers and onion rings ending our day on a tasty note.

~ continued support ~ we have continued to be blessed watching people support our daughter who lost all in a house fire.  It has truly been amazing.  The journey replacing personal papers and ID has been super frustrating, the RED TAPE is ridiculous.  They all want photo ID.  Even to get a key fob for her car!  Well what part of "lost everything" do we need to re-explain? But the emotional and financial support that has been shown to her has kept her positive and pushing forward.

~ worship songs ~ during hard, busy weeks worship songs uplift me and point me to the One who is greater than the things I am going and Who is walking through every step with me.   I'm grateful my hubby takes time to make me CD's and memory sticks full of songs I love.

~ helpful friends ~ an old family friend, who is a real estate agent, offered to help me with the sale of my mom's house.  The buyer's were not wanting to go through a real estate agent but my sister and I were really feeling out of our depth so really appreciated his help and advice.  Sometimes you just have to know when you are out of your league and take the help that is offered.  So thankful for his help.

Well, it's my Mom's birthday today so hopefully I can get in to see her, if not, then tomorrow.  And I am not planning another single thing this weekend.  I need a true rest and I'm going to do my best to secure it.  

What were your favorite blessings this week?










7 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

It's a good feeling to have the vaccinations done. I'd hold onto the masks for a little while even beyond the support home requirements just in case--there seem to be variants of the virus popping up here and there.

The road trip sounds fun, and I lean on worship songs a lot, too. That's frustrating about the red tape. Did she have renter's insurance? I've heard even with insurance it can be a pain to get reimbursement because they want proof of what you had and how much it was worth--and who has that? I'm so glad for the support she's receiving.

I wouldn't be able to sell a house without help, either. That is wonderful to have someone you know and trust available.

Faith said...

Happy birthday to your mom! It's my oldest daughter's birthday on Sunday and i said to the family i am only cooking/baking her fave things and then having a chore free weekend!!! its been a hard week. ( summer school with major issues).

We are mostly mask free here too in New York except if someone is NOT vaccinated they should do the kind thing and wear their mask. Teachers still wear them while we have our students as it is required. But once they leave at 1 pm we can remove them as all of our site staff members are vaccinated. I'm keeping my masks for winter when flus and colds go around. I'll wear mine if i get a cold or whatever. They have done this in Asia BEFORE Covid and it just makes sense. If you're sick, mask up!!

I love that Tamara is getting all the support, i cannot imagOne the hassle of replacing all the important papers, passports, etc, ugh! She is still in my prayer group list!!

Enjoy that restful weekend. ( I'm reading a book you would LOVE i think)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Glad to hear your daughter is recovering from the fire. It could have been so much worse - you know what I mean here. I will pray that she can continue to get help in replacing the vital things she lost. Happy Birthday to your mom - so glad you will be able to go see her. So glad you were able to get your second Covid Shot. We are mostly mask free everywhere here, but sometimes hubby and I still mask up in stores and crowded spaces due to the variant. So glad you are getting help with selling the house. That can be a daunting task. Hope you have a good and restful weekend.

Wendy said...

Happy birthday to your Mum and I hope you do get the rest you clearly need this weekend. I can imagine what it's like getting through the red tape for your daughter. I had a major problem here with the Inland Revenue because they had my date of birth wrong on their records. Their mistake but it became my problem. I'm glad Tamara's getting help and sounds like a good plan to get help with the sale of your Mum's house too. It can be daunting and sometimes it helps to have an intermediary if anything tricky crops up. Enjoy your weekend Susanne.

Willow said...

Oh, I do hope you are able to see your mom today! Give her extra birthday hugs from all of us out here in blog world.
Oh yes, a truly restful weekend will be good for you all.
I can't imagine the craziness of re-explaining the meaning of 'lost everything'. I know my daughters have had issues with 'oh you need a birth certificate to get a passport' and 'oh you need ID like a passport to get a copy of your birth certificate'. That is especially challenging when you are not born on US soil, even as a US citizen. I hope things settle in soon for your girl.
Happy weekend!

Ann said...

Very glad to hear that your daughter is getting things put back together. I know that it will take awhile to heal from a traumatic experience like that, but progress is progress. --Ann

ellen b. said...

Hope you were able to have that restful weekend. I was grand sitting all day Friday so I'm way behind with visiting. It's so wonderful shopping without a mask on! Hope your mom's birthday was sweet for her.