Thursday, June 10, 2021

June Reading Possibilities

So late putting this up again.  Oh well.  May was a slower reading month for me.  Way too much going on that didn't leave a lot of room for long periods of reading but I did manage to squeeze out 2 books from my list.  And they were both good reads so I'm happy with that. 

For June the busyness is not stopping but I have a little pile anyway that I would like to get read.  The Read Your Shelf Challenge prompt for this month is "A book with an animal on the cover".    Now I didn't have too many of those but that's okay because my favorite author's new book is out and I am definitely getting to that.  So here are the possibilities for this month:


 READ YOUR SHELF CHALLENGE (book with an animal on the cover)         
          ~ The History of Bees by Jaja Lunde  (Yes, I'm counting a bee as an animal) (finished)
          ~A Hundred Flowers by Gail Tsukiyama  (finished)
          

ON HOLD AT THE LIBRARY

A BOOK SPECIFICALLY PURCHASED 2019-2021









What are you reading this month?
          



3 comments:

Chris said...

Carrying Albert Home was a hoot! Hope you enjoy it!

Faith said...

hahah the only book I've heard of from your list is The History Of Bees because i think another blogger mentioned it.

I'm finishing up (should finish tonight) and EXCELLENT and COMPELLING book by Tatiana de Rosnay one of my very fave historical fiction authors: Flowers in Darkness. This one is NOT historical but is set in the not too distant Paris. SO good. A bit weird...but GOOD!! Highly recommend. I'm also reading a non fiction for Book Club: Small Acts of Grace.....excellent..we will finish it later in the autumn.

and I have 2 books from library waiting for me: The Au Pair and The Little Paris Bookshop (no...that one is my youngest daughter's...i was on waiting list at library but she ended up buying it).

to answer your question about Meave Binchy. You can read them in any order. I began with Circle of Friends (SO GOOD AND THE SO IS THE MOVIE) and a couple of them have the same characters in them but there's no particular order although that's how i read them. As soon as she came out with one i was at the library!! SO excellent and so clean and just so good!!! I miss her. (she died a few years ago).

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I am trying to finish I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings. I will be honest and say that I know it is an important book, but I am not enjoying it. I am also reading a Christian nonfiction about forgiveness. Struggling with that one too. I need a real page turner next. I haven't read any of the books on your June list. Will look forward to your next review.