Friday, May 28, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #635



What a difference a week makes!  From snow last week, to a week of cloud and rain, yesterday started some glorious, warm, sunshiny days!  Welcome to a sunny Friday's Fave Five!  Intentionally looking for our blessings from the past week is what we do.  Join right on in, guidelines are in the sidebar.

~ cotton blanket~ with the warmer weather it was time to take off the feather duvet and put on our lighter blanket.  But some nights the lighter blanket was a little too cool.  Oh the dilemma of fluctuating spring temps in southern Alberta.  I've been looking for a cotton blanket for many a year.  I had in my head what I wanted but could never seem to find exactly what I was looking for.  Either they were still too hot, or too stiff or not comfortable.  But I finally found one that I just love.  It's super soft, 100% cotton and just the right weight making it very comfortable.  

~ chocolate covered jujubes ~ where have these been all my life?  Saw them at the pharmacy when I went to get a prescription and on a whim picked up a bag.  Oh my.  I think I've found my new favorite candy.  I've eaten jujubes all my life but until now have never seen or had the pleasure of trying a chocolate covered one.  There's no going back.

-that first sip of a hot, fresh coffee ~ on a long weekend Monday knowing I can relax and enjoy it and not have to be rushing to work.  Monday was our May long weekend, our official kick-off to summer.  Unfortunately the weather wasn't co-operating but that just meant a morning of fresh, hot coffee enjoyed with a good book.  So nice to just relax with that first cup rather than usual weekday of running around with coffee in hand getting ready for the first dayhome child to arrive.  

~ flowers planted ~  with the cold and the rain finally moving on I got most of the flowers planted.  I love this springtime chore and I love seeing the end results when they start to grow and fill in.  

~ surprise lunch ~ Hubby treated me to a nice bento box lunch this week.  He was out and about doing his work and came home with a takeout that we really enjoy and haven't had since the start of Covid.  It was a real nice treat on what was shaping up to be a really long day.  It's nice to know he was thinking of me. 

What have been your favorite blessings this week?  When you spot them don't forget to be thankful to God for sending them your way.  My niece posted this on facebook the other day and I thought it totally suited our FFF goal!









6 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Nice post with many simple things to be grateful for! I haven't tried chocolate jujubes, but now you have my thinking I will have to do just that! So glad that things warmed up and that you got your flowers planted. It was nice of your husband to bring you lunch. Have a great weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

I love that graphic! I also love just-right blankets. I have never heard of jujubes before. I'll have to see if we have any around here. Glad you had a nice long weekend, even though the weather didn't cooperate. I'm looking forward to planting some flowers this morning. I love that spring chore, too. How nice of your husband to surprise you with a nice lunch!

Faith said...

A blessed week for sure! I'm loving the day off today to just sit and sip! I've never heard of that candy but anything chocolate is a fave of mine! I'm hoping to get some flowers this weekend at some point although i think you sent us your cold grey weather!
YAY for hubbies who bring lunch!
Enjoy the weekend!!

Willow said...

I absolutely love that last quote! YES! Just because I'm smiling doesn't mean life is perfect. We still choose to smile.
I'm hoping for a few respites from our rain so I can work in the garden. SO. MUCH. MORE to do. I'm glad you got your flowers planted.
Anything chocolate (except for peanut related) is on my yummy list. But don't give me chocolate covered coffee beans unless you want me to be hyper :)
Here's to that first cup of morning coffee!

Wendy said...

A nice list of little things that just make life easier or more enjoyable. Have a good weekend Susanne.

Karen said...

Beautiful quote from your niece. I'm done planting, now I need to avoid the plant section at the supermarket, or I'll be bringing more home. I'm not a fan of jujubes. I'm a purist when it comes to chocolate -- maybe with peanut butter, but that's about it. I love switching the heavy blankets out for the lighter ones for summer. Coffee is one of my favorites this week, too. What is it about that stuff?