Friday, May 21, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #634


Hi and welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Above is the blog button I used this week but in reality this is the button I should have used if I want to give a true picture:


We are in the middle of a 48 hour snowfall warning.   Brrrr.  Hard to fathom when last weekend I was applying sunscreen for my bike ride because it was 28*C (82*F).  But it's the wet, heavy snow of spring that doesn't stick around long and we desperately need the moisture so there's that to be thankful for.  And the fact that I didn't plant my flowers in that lovely heat.

So away from Southern Alberta's crazy weather and onto the blessings from the last week we are thankful for!

~ the antics of puppies ~ as our pup has gotten more comfortable with us and his trust has grown so has his personality.  His goofy puppy side is emerging and we spend lots of time laughing at his silly antics.  Turns out he isn't complaining at all about the snow, in fact he loves it, burying his nose up to his eyes into it and racing around the yard playing in it.  I kind of feel the stress of the day melting away as I watch is silliness.


~ river bottom walk ~ we took the dog for his first walk in one of our favorite areas of the city, the river bottom.  We specifically wanted to go to the weir to see the pelicans.  We love watching them and this year didn't disappoint.  There were so many this year!  Their numbers have really grown.  I love watching them come in for a landing on the river.  It was a lovely, relaxing time.  




~Chinese food takeout ~ we haven't had it  in so long so it was a real treat to get some Chinese takeout on the weekend.  

~ flower shopping ~ I always look forward to the day I get to do this.  It's so much fun wandering the aisles and seeing all the beautiful selections.  The hard part is narrowing it down and choosing a few varieties.  

~ flower pots ~ my neighbor blessed me with 2 flower pots.  It couldn't have come at a better time as I was noticing that one of mine had a huge crack and another few were looking their age.  





What are you thankful for from the last week?








6 comments:

Gattina said...

I believe you that it is relaxing and funny to watch a puppy ! I couldn't live without a cat for a dog I am too old now and I always have been a cat lady. My little Rosie although she is 14 also makes me laugh and I enjoy her company especially because I am alone and I don't know how long it will last !

Barbara Harper said...

I'm glad the snow is the type that won't stay long but will provide moisture. It's good your pup likes snow! What fun to see so many pelicans! I don't know if I have ever seen one in person. We just got Chinese takeout last week--so good. How nice of your neighbor to give you some new flower pots! And it is fun to flower-shop this time of year.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. May snows were common when I was growing up in Colorado. The flowers were all out and then we would get a spring snow, that seemed to ruin everything. I remember, as a child, feeling so disheartened by late spring snows, but now, I realize that, like all "setbacks" it's just part of life. I love that walk you went on by the river to see the pelicans. Your puppy sounds so cute. I have a friend who gave me some flower pots she didn't need any more and they have really come in handy this year. It's so nice that your friend gave you some and that you can use them. I have also been flower shopping, and planting this week. It's always such fun. Have a lovely, relaxing weekend. :-)

Willow said...

Oooh! Flower pots and flowers. Love Love Love~
Snow? In middle May? At least the puppy enjoys it.
That walk on the river bottom looks like a great relaxing spot.

ellen b. said...

We only got the freezing temps...no snow. It's always a surprise I'm sure to get more snow in May! Puppies are cute at your house not my house. LOL! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend.

Faith said...

great list of faves minus the snow fall!! YIKES. Here it's been crazy hot until this evening just as we pulled in from NH, a cool front came through and now it's a nice 65 degrees or so. it's been in the high 80s and yes we sat through 2.5 hours of graduation ceremony (from waiting for gates to open to the end) in 88 degree FULL SUN.

LOVE that you are having fun with puppy and getting some bike rides in.

Havea lovely week