Friday, April 23, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #631



Welcome to a cold and frosty Friday's Fave Five.  We went from 18*C on Wednesday to below freezing today.  It snow rained all day and everything has a thin coating of frosty ice on it.  I hope my spring hostas which were coming along so nice make it through.  But bad weather or not, looking for blessings goes on.  Won't you join us?  Guidelines are in the sidebar if you are new.

~ I have a sub again ~  This is a real blessing.  My friend used to sub for me in my dayhome whenever I needed it for many years.  Then she found herself in a full time job and I never could find a sub  after that.  Having a sub is such a hard thing.  First off people have lives and dont' sit around waiting for the occasional time I happen to need them.  It's hard to mesh times.  And I have to totally trust them in my house and with my dayhome kids.  I take leaving these kids that are not my own with someone very seriously.  So I basically have not had one for a few years.  Tamara when she still lived at home would fill in for me when I really needed it but since she moved last year I have had no one.  It's really hard because every time I had an appointment I would have to either book the day off or try to get as late an appt as possible and parents would have to pick up early which is hard for them too sometimes.   So I'm very grateful that now that my friend is not working again she has said she would sub for me again.  Such a load off my shoulders!

~ facebook memories ~ on my facebook page memories have been popping up over the last couple of weeks of my trip to Costa Rica with Operation Christmas Child.  What joy it has been to relive those moments.  I remember it all clearly.  And I'm still humbled and grateful that I was able to make that trip.  And I cherish all the friendships with some of my team that have continued to this day.  

~ peaceful evenings ~  my mind is quite full recently with everything that I need to do.  My to do list is a mile long with half of it being under a major time crunch.  I've been very grateful for peaceful evenings to just be able to still my mind and set things to side for a small amount of time.  

~ getting to know the new pup ~ this week we've been getting to know Tux and forming a bond with him.  He came to us at 5 months so we have some work to do with training him but it has been fun getting to see his personality start to blossom as he learns to trust us.  He's a mild mannered little guy and fits in well with the dayhome kids and him and the cat are becoming good buddies. Can't wait to start leash training him next week so we can go on some nice walks.  



~gift card that keeps on giving ~ our son got us a gift card to our favorite Mexican restaurant for Christmas and this weekend we got takeout with it.  This was our third meal off that gift card and there is still enough on there for one more meal.  We loved and appreciate this gift from him.  It not only blessed us but helped out a local restaurant owner too during some hard times when they were all shut down at Christmas.

What have been some of your favorite blessings this last week?












8 comments:

Gattina said...

What a little Darling your puppy ! and it's nice that he goes well along with cats and kids !I had to look up the word "Sub" first I thought it was a car ! lol ! I finally got rid of my worst worries, Mr. G is out of hospital since yesterday and is in the very nice rehabilitation clinic in the woods !!

Faith said...

great news about the sub!! in special ed preK we have a VERY difficult time getting a sub to come in. It's quite unheard of at the private agency setting so we just have our site director or sometimes a therapist push in to the classroom when one of us is out. It makes is wicked hard so you are blessed!!

LOVE looking back at FB memories...and you must have had fun looking at all those amazing memories.

Cute puppy!!! We travel so much so we never did a pet for the girls when they were little but our oldest plans on getting a cat when she's on her own (AH CHOO!!) I always joked with Dave that if we were rich i'd get a horse.

We had weird weather this week too! a day of downpours which turned to weird sleet and snow in the mountains and very cold! so far my flowers have made it through. back to more spring like temps today! and sunny!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of the things you love.

Barbara Harper said...

I can't imagine that kind of job without a sub. So glad your friend is available again.

Facebook memories can be so fun. This time of year, they're showing my grandson's birth and first several weeks in the NICU seven years ago. It's neat to remember how God led and blessed and supplied what was needed. So glad you had that OCC trip!

I try, as much as possible, to have peaceful evenings, too, to set everything aside and either watch TV with my husband or read or even play games on my iPad. I can't go all day and all night like I used to.

How fun to have the new pup, and yay for restaurant gift cards!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you got a sub. That would take a load off your mind. Your puppy is so cute. Gift card to a local restaurant is a nice gift from your son. Glad things are going well. Have a good weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

P.S. It is interesting that you are reading that book, The Sun Does Shine. I had found it literally last week at our local dollar store for just $1! I read Just Mercy and so this one caught my eye. I am glad you are finding it to be a good book. It has moved up on my "to read" list! Thanks!

Wendy said...

Oh so glad you have a sub again. It must be a real worry at times when there is no one to fall back on. And your pup is sooo cute. Hope your weather improves. We've had lovely sunny days this week but the nights have been very cold and frosty. Have a great weekend Susanne.

Willow said...

Having a reliable sub is so important! What a blessing to your friend available again.
I had seen the Costa Rica posts popping up on facebook and remember how special that trip was. Isn't it great to review and remember those blessings from years ago?
Tux looks like a perfect snuggly puppy!

ellen b. said...

Happy for you that you were able to get your sub back. That gift card just keeps giving...so nice! Happy training of that little pup!