Wednesday, March 03, 2021

March 2021 Reading Possibility Pile

I am really enjoying this "Read Your Bookshelf Challenge" that I am doing for 2021.  It is really making it fun to get some books knocked out of my huge pile.  February I finished three books, one from each of my categories of Read your shelves whose prompt for February was red on the cover or spine, a library hold, and something from the pile I purchased in 2019-2020.  And they all ended up having red on the cover.  I am behind by one book on my Goodreads number of books challenge, but February was a short month and I had a lot on my plate that occupied by time and my mind.  Hopefully I'll catch up.

March's prompt from the Read Your Bookshelf Challenge is "A Book Recommended by a Friend".  The pile is significantly smaller than February's because Books recommended by a friend are one's I usually, though not always, put on hold at the library.  And a couple of these are chunkers!  But here are my possibilities for this month:

ON HOLD AT THE LIBRARY:

          ~ Being Mortal: Medicine & What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande (finished)
          ~ The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Freedom on Death Row by Anthony Ray Hinton

READ YOUR BOOKSHELF CHALLENGE (March Prompt: book recommended by a friend)


          ~ A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles  (finished)
          ~ The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
          ~ The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
          ~ Echoes Among the Stones by Jaimie Jo Wright
          ~ The Words Between Us by Erin Bartels
          ~ Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
          
BOOKS PURCHASED IN 2019-2021

          ~ A Promise to Remember by Kathryn Cushman
          ~ Fragments of Light by Michele Phoenix

                    
          


   
The Sun Does Shine is enroute to my library and didn't make the picture.


What are you wanting to read this month of March?




4 comments:

nikkipolani said...

If you can get your hands on a library audiobook version of a Gentleman in Moscow, the reader is phenomenal (and makes it easier to get through all the Russian names/places).

You've got quite the collection there for some cozy evenings. I've been out of my usual genre with some sci-fi but not planning to advance much in that world. Currently reading my first Kazuo Ishiguro ('Never Let Me Go').

Barbara Harper said...

I think most of my TBR lost is made up of recommendations by friends. I've read a few of those titles! I look forward to hearing what you think about Gentleman in Moscow as well as any of the others I am familiar with.

I'm listening just not to Silas Marner, a book I have wanted to read for a long time.

Faith said...

I just started the bestseller The Vanishing Half (about the black twin girls and one chooses to be white). I'm in the middle of a non fiction book written by one of my fave singer-actresses Julie Andrews and after Vanishing Half I'll be reading Gentlemen from Moscow as my youngest has it and wanted to see what I thought about it. I also would like to read the one you reviewed the other day that I have put a request for from our town library. There's 30+ people ahead of me for it and there's only 3 copies!! hahah......

From your March Prompt list I have read three of those. Orphan Train was good, The NIghtingale is an all time fave of mine, and The kite Runner was powerful.

If the Woman From Troublesome Creek doesn't become available I'll probably head to the library and browse and select something from the "new books" shelf (which in our town means books between about 2018-2021.) hahahha...I'd love to get my hands on the latest Jodi Picoult and Sue Monk Kidd ones too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I just ordered The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek from Amazon. Sounds like one I will really enjoy. I read The Orphan Train a few years back and enjoyed it. This sounds like a good plan. See you tomorrow for FFF.:-)