Thursday, March 25, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #627



Hello and welcome.  Another Friday and another opportunity to put a pause on life speeding by and take note of what blessed us in the past week.  It doesn't have to be big and obvious and loud.  It more than likely might be quiet, possibly behind the scenes and takes an intentional look.  But anyway your blessing comes it's worth to take note and be thankful!  The more we take note of our blessings the more we find things to be grateful for and our whole perspective changes.  Please join us.


~ mom's happiness at a haircut ~ Mom's doctor gave her a pass so that she could go and get her haircut.  She has been struggling with her hair getting longer.  She hasn't been able to have her hair trimmed since probably September/October of last year.  She was so desperate for a cut she asked me to do it.  Yikes.  But we got her an appointment in the little town where she is at the moment.  Not only was it a haircut she hadn't been able to have in awhile it's the first trip outside of either a hospital or care center that she has had since November 22.  When we came back she was smiling ear to ear and she couldn't stop thanking me for taking her.  It brought tears to my eyes how happy she was.  

~ car in front paying my starbucks ~ before heading out of town to go see Mom I always grab myself a starbucks to sip on during the road trip and sometimes something to eat.  This last Saturday when I pulled up to the window the girl told me the car in front of me paid for my order.  Thank you, Stranger, who was generous!

~ favorite road trip drink ~ and speaking of the starbucks drink, my favorite go to lately has been a dirty chai tea latte.  A nice shot of espresso in their delicious chai tea latte.  Yum.

~ Dave working hard with tech support ~ the company we had our email with "upgraded" (fancy word they tried to fool us with, we think the word is more like sold out to) and the our big "migration" appointment was last Saturday.  My hard working hubby had an appointment at 7 am and between 2 personal emails, one work email and 2 cell phones it was a lot of work.  He was still on the phone with them when I left at noon to go see Mom.  And he ended up having to call them back not only that day but almost every day since because of one glitch or another.  I am so thankful for him.  Tech stuff makes me loose my mind.  In fact, within an hour of me getting up that Saturday and things not working with my email I was in tears.  It totally stresses me out.  So grateful for a husband who willingly takes care of the tech side of things for both us.

~ one shot antibiotics ~ as it turned out we were back at the vet last week, this time for my daughter's cat.  We're caring for him while she went to school and can find a place that takes pets.  He needed an antibiotic.  They gave him a one injection deal.  Lasts for two weeks.  A touch more expensive but hey, I don't have to chase him around and try to throw a pill down his throat.  Works for me!  Love these one shot antibiotics they have for pets.  

Well that was my list of simple everyday life blessings.  What has made you thankful this week?










9 comments:

Gattina said...

I can imagine that your mum was happy it's nice to look in the mirror and look "new" ! That was really nice to pay for your coffee !
I try to find my way through Mr.G computer !! He has another method of filing and I am getting crazy to find the emails etc.

Barbara Harper said...

That's neat that your mom was able to get out for a haircut. That can make such a difference in how we feel about ourselves. That's sweet about someone paying for your Starbucks. My husband takes care of our tech stuff, too, and I am so thankful. I'd be pulling my hair out and totally lost. It doesn't seem like it should be as complicated as they make it. That's great that they invented one-shot antibiotics. Much easier than trying to get a pill down a pet or trying to get them to the vet for additional shots. Hope he's doing better soon.

Faith said...

That's Courtney's go to drink at Starbucks too!! I tried it for first time last month and LOVED it. It's now one of my faves for after a long cold walk.

That's awesome that your mom was finally able to get out and do somethIng for herself!

How amazing for the cat to just get a shot!! I cannot image me taking care of a sick pet. I'm soooo not a pet person. Hahaha

Yes I'm thankful too for a hubby who des software for a living and can do all that tech stuff. But guess what?? I know a MAc better than he does!! Hahha

Have an enjoyable weekend...the Moscow book is in Claire's bedroom and it's waiting for me for when I'm between library books!!

Jerralea said...

A haircut sometimes makes all the difference! Glad you were able to help your mom get one.

I always view finding out my bill has been paid as a special love-gift from my Heavenly Father. It's such an unexpected surprise!

I hear you about tech problems. Nothing gets me quite as frustrated!

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you were able to take your mom for a haircut. That is always so nice when someone ahead pays for drinks, fast-food or a road toll. My husband handles our tech stuff too, and I am always glad. That stuff usually goes right over my head! I hope the kitty is feeling better soon and that you have a good weekend.

Wendy said...

How nice to get a haircut. I have an appointment booked for next month and I can't wait! Great to get a free drink. And that 2 week antibiotic jab sounds a much easier way for the cat. Have a good weekend Susanne.

ellen b. said...

I feel so sorry for our dear elderly who have been isolated and kept in their rooms for so long. How wonderful for your dear mom that she could get out and enjoy a little pampering. Very nice treat by that stranger in the car in front of you. Love that. I'm like you with technology...oye! Hope you have a good weekend.

Willow said...

I am so happy for your mom! It is SO hard for people who have to be isolated.
That stranger knew you needed a generous gift! So sweet!
I too am so very thankful for my techy hubby. I just can't deal with it all.

nikkipolani said...

I'm so pleased to hear your mom was able to get out, get a fresh hair cut, spend some time being elsewhere!

When my cat went in for her dental surgery and the dentist gave her an antibiotic SHOT...wait, a shot?! This is an option?? I'd had four rounds of antibiotics via dropper before that. Sign.

But you're so right about those blessings -- we rejoice however they come, whether big or small.

Isn't a relief to have someone navigate the bottomless pit of tech woes? Such a blessing.