Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Take Time Tuesday

Participating with Gold in the Clouds for Take Time Tuesday.

This week I found myself taking time to take a deep breath, or 10, before responding when frustrating situations arose.  I consider this self care for myself.  My natural inclination, or habit as it were, is to respond right away, and sometimes it is not a good or right response.  I'm trying to work on that for myself.  It's better for my mental and physical health and makes me a calmer person who can look at a situation in a better light rather than a knee jerk reaction.  It gives me time to choose my response, to ACT instead of REACT. Am I perfect in this?  Oh no.  But I'm trying.  It might not be exactly what Faith had in mind for Take Time Tuesdays, but that is what I took time for to make a healthier me this week.  




What have you taken time for this Tuesday?





5 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love this Susanne. I think this is something we would all do well to work on. Thanks for sharing.

ellen b. said...

That's a good practice Susanne!

Wendy said...

That's definitely a good thing to try and do Susanne. I don't get a lot of time for "me" on Tuesdays as we spend it at our daughter's helping out with the little ones and the chores.

Faith said...

It's DEFINITELY a form of self care for sure!! At work we teach the special students (especially 3 particular boys who are ages 4 and one is almost 5) to "Take Deep Breaths" when they perceive someone is trying to take their toys or when they are feeling especially angry. It really helps them, helps us grown ups too!! I think it's great that you are taking time for this!! I need to do that more too with some situations rather than that knee jerk reaction you mentioned! thanks for participating!

Karen said...

Love this! I am trying so hard to be less reactionary. I blame it on our election last fall, there were so many reasons to get fired up, and I felt like I was in a constant state of reacting to news, to those with opposing views, just everything. I am reminding myself that I don't have to react instantly or even share an opinion. It's not mandatory!