Friday, February 05, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #620




Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Taking that Friday pause to look back over the week and recognize the blessings God has placed into my everyday life.  Won't you join in and share 5 of your blessings?

~ Haircut ~ with a capital "H".  My last cut was back in November and then they brought in the restrictions.  But I finally got in after they allowed salons to open again.  Mind you it was not with my long time stylist who had to take early maternity leave, but she put me into good hands and I'm happy with the cut and foils.

~ amazing deals ~ how I love me a great deal.  When I score a great bargain it's like winning money and makes me very, very happy.  I've been trying to find a decent jean jacket at a decent price for a couple of years.  I have an old one I got at Costco years ago, but I find it stiff and uncomfortable and the sleeves are actually way too short so I always have to wear them folded up.  Well one of my favorite mall stores had a 48 hour clearance going on that I noticed online so I went into the store to try on.  I thought it was a great deal just from that sale:  $70 for $20 but when I got to the till the cashier asked if I wanted to use my reward dollars against it so I walked out paying $10 for it.  And it fits perfectly in the sleeves, has some stretch to it so it's way more comfortable and it was the shade of denim I wanted.  Whoo hoo!

~ good night's sleep ~ I haven't felt a hundred percent physically the last couple of weeks and those nights when I did get a good night's sleep I have really been thankful for it.  Never underestimate listening to when your body tells you it's time for bed even though it is an hour and a half away from your usual bedtime.

~ chat with the neighbor ~ distanced across our driveways, of course.  She also has a dayhome business and most days we are able to connect for a bit over the fence as the kids in both our yards play.  But for the past while we just don't seem to co-ordinate that time and boy I miss that in my day.  She is my adult connection in days that are filled with children and their needs.  We bounce ideas off of each other and encourage each other in the harder days.  So that time visiting was truly a blessing.

~ evening tea & reading breaks ~ for some reason this last week, my usual tv watching in the evenings has not interested me and I've left it off in exchange for a nice cup of tea and some good reading time.  Add in a nice furry throw blanket and I am a happy girl.

What have been your favorite blessings this last week?







11 comments:

Gattina said...

Congratulations To your new haircut ! we are waiting since end Octobre !! I am always happy too when I make a bargain !!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

It must be difficult to be working with children alone. No one to bounce ideas off of or to just vent. Things happen in a toddler classroom that you really can’t talk to with someone who doesn’t have experience because they use wouldn’t understand. I know what you mean about jean jackets. I have one that I love. I’ve had it for years and I’ve never been able to find another to replace it.

Faith said...

It must have been the week for hair!! I too finally got my color and cut after not being able to go since early December! ( first imwas in quarantine and then my stylist was!!)

I've been reading more in the evenings too and staying off social media and last night found dave and aimin bed to sleep at 9:30!!! We were wiped out!! aim up at 5:30 and usually turn off the light around 10:45 so the extra sleep was wonderful. Glad you had some too!!

Yay for scoring a good deal on a denim jacket. I love my Van Huesan one but couldn't afford the ridiculous price Macy's wanted for it. So i waited until we were at the factory outlet stores in MA and got it for 50% off!!! I've had it for years and love it. It's my go to jacket for spring work dresses.

Enjoy the weekend. Mine is gonna involve baking and reading.

Barbara Harper said...

I am in sore need of a haircut, too. My d-i-l has been doing it since the pandemic, but they just moved a few weeks ago. I think things might be settled down enough to ask her now. There's no feeling like a fresh haircut.

What a great deal on the jacket! Amen to sleep. So good you could touch base with your neighbor. I know what you mean about TV. A few nights this week I opted not to turn it on in favor of reading--just didn't want all the noise.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Hope you are feeling better. So glad you were able to get a little extra sleep. My hair badly needs a trim too, but I am putting it off until March - after I have the second Covid vaccine. Putting off my usual dentist appointment too - just to be super safe. Glad you have a neighbor you can connect with most days. I sure admire you for having a day home. I babysat some neighborhood kids back when my own were little and I remember my days back then as being completely exhausting. You new jacket sounds great and what a deal! Amen to nights when the TV is off and a good book is open. Have a good weekend. See you again soon.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Hope you are feeling better. So glad you were able to get a little extra sleep. My hair badly needs a trim too, but I am putting it off until March - after I have the second Covid vaccine. Putting off my usual dentist appointment too - just to be super safe. Glad you have a neighbor you can connect with most days. I sure admire you for having a day home. I babysat some neighborhood kids back when my own were little and I remember my days back then as being completely exhausting. You new jacket sounds great and what a deal! Amen to nights when the TV is off and a good book is open. Have a good weekend. See you again soon.

Karen said...

It's so nice that you have a neighbor to share you days with sometimes. I admire you for taking care of little ones, and I'm sure there are 'those days.' A good hair cut does one a world of good. I love how excited you are about your denim jacket! That is something that would have me very happy, too! And TEN dollars. That's a find.

Willow said...

Yay for snagging that denim jacket! I love me a good deal.
And yes, a good book, cozy blanket and cup of tea is a most pleasant way to spend any evening.
Thanks for the reminder to call and schedule a hair cut appointment!
Have a safe, warm weekend!

ellen b. said...

A fresh haircut and a deal of a jacket. Simple joys that I enjoy, too. Hope you have a good weekend with good nights of sleep!

nikkipolani said...

A great fitting jacket is worth a lot but $10 is fantastic! Well done, you! Love love the evenings you're describing -- even if my "furry blanket" has whiskers :-)

I've been dreaming of a haircut. Glad you've got one in and that you've reconnected with your dayhome "partner". How lovely to have more social interaction.

Wendy said...

How nice to get your hair cut - no idea when I'll be able to get mine done! And the jacket sounds like a great bargain. Glad you were able to chat with the neighbour. Adult conversation when you're looking after kids all day is definitely a blessing. Enjoy the rest of the weekend Susanne.