Friday, September 04, 2020

Friday's Fave Five #600




Welcome to the first FFF of fall.  Well, technically it isn't fall yet, but in my mind it is, so we'll roll with it.   Looking back over the week intentionally looking for the blessings in our lives is what FFF is all about.  Are you ready to join us?  If you are new guidelines link is in the sidebar.  

~ family picnic ~ my daughter moved this week for school but before she went we had a little family gathering outdoors in the riverbottom.  We all brought our own sandwich lunch and just enjoyed the afternoon together.  It was a nice way to send her off on this new adventure.



~ More beautiful skies ~  This week we've woken up to more cold mornings and clouds.  So just like last week blue skies has made my list once again, this time with cool cloud formations.  Once the sun comes out though, those clouds start to dissipate and the gorgeous blue skies have come through and we've had some nice cloud formations such as these.  



~ the joy of tradition & running family jokes ~ as mentioned in several posts, almost every time my son comes home for a visit, I can count on something in my house being changed up while my adult children all wait in anticipation of how long it will take me to notice.  This time was no different.  Though the last change was when they re-arranged my couches, this time they went to an old stand by:  the pictures above the fireplace.  Unlucky for them, I overheard them from the kitchen so knew to look as soon as I came into the living room.  But now the joke is that I've been so busy this week with work and so tired in the evenings that I just keep forgetting to switch the pictures back even though my son went back to his home yesterday.  Maybe I'll just leave them up as is until the next time he comes home and see if he notices.  Ha. 



~ fish dinner ~ Our neighbors have a real love of fishing and spend most of the summer at their cabin indulging this love.  This year they gifted us with some of the fish they catch which is walleye.  I've never had it before and I have to say it was really delicious pan fried with spices in butter.  Made for a great, easy supper and it didn't have one bone to be found.  

~ extra long weekend ~ today marks the start of an extra long weekend for me.  Five glorious days to do what ever I want to do.  It's part of my holidays which I didn't take in the summer due to COVID.  We are not going anywhere but just knowing I'm not tied to the clock or hitting the floor running for five whole days makes me very, very happy.

What were your favorite blessings this week?





10 comments:

Gattina said...

I had to laugh about your son changeing things ! I love pic nics too ! unfortunately life eems to stand still under the Corona restriction life. It seem to get worse then better !

Wendy said...

That picture of the sky is beautiful. Ha I love the way the kids try to trick you. My hubby would take ages to notice a change like that lol. Fish with no bones sounds good and yay to a 5 day weekend. We had an extra day last weekend but when you're no longer working it doesn't have quite the same impact. Enjoy your extra free time!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Have a wonderful long weekend! Your son sounds funny! You should hang all of the pictures upside down next time he comes just to make him laugh!

Barbara Harper said...

Glad you had a nice outing before your daughter left! That's so funny about the upside-down photos. My kids do something similar at Christmas--there's one snowflake ornament they hang in an unusual place. This year, it's still where they put it! We forgot about it when taking down decorations.

Beautiful skies. It's still hot here, but I am looking forward to coolness coming in a few weeks.

I need to experiment more with fish. I have it so rarely, I can't remember what kinds I liked and didn't like.

Yay for long weekends! Monday is Labor Day here, so almost everyone has Monday off.

Karen said...

The picture of the sky is so cool! I have to laugh at your son, that is so clever. I'm sure it would take me quite a while to figure it out. The joke around here is that I'm an easy target because I'm always distracted. Enjoy your long weekend!

Willow said...

Happy Long Weekend to you! My daughter is having a four day weekend and is so happy.
I am getting used to different skies and clouds in my new place. I love watching the skies change.
Sounds like a fun picnic time with your girl!

ellen b. said...

Yippee for 5 days off. Sounds good. Walleye is big around here with contests on Lake Roosevelt. Great idea to have a picnic sendoff! Happy time off to you.

Martha said...

My favorite is the running family jokes! Just now found you and I often do a Friday Five lately. I'll be linking up in the future too. Thanks for hosting :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is so cute that your children change things at your house when they come to visit. So glad you could send your daughter off to school with a fun family picnic. Enjoy the long weekend. I know I am looking forward to it as well!

Faith said...

That is hilarious aboutmthemliving room photos!!

Much luck to your girl on her new adventure. Fun way to send her off....a picnic!!

Yay for long weekends!!