Thursday, June 11, 2020

Friday's Fave Five #588

Hi everyone!  Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  I'm trying to do my post but my internet is blipping out constantly and blogger is not letting me upload pictures so I give up and I'll give it another go later this morning.  I did manage to get the Mister Linky inserted though so that you all can link up.  See you later.




Well hello!  Everything is finally working.  How has everyone else's day been going?  I don't know about you but we've been having tons of issues with the internet and I keep having to run the troubleshoot program.  But I've got it now and I'm ready to look for blessings, are you?  Let's get started.

~ outdoor renos ~ not ours but our neighbors.  For years their property has been a weed fest.  I get not using chemicals, but he wouldn't even mow them down.  Sometimes those weeds were getting 3 feet and taller.  Not only was it super unslightly, but he'd let it all go to seed and we're downwind so guess where a ton of those seeds were ending up.    Every year it's been so frustrating watching it happen.  But a few days ago, the sweet sound of a bobcat was heard and they scooped all those weeds away.  Yesterday lovely topsoil went down and I think today we'll see some sod.  It will be so nice not to have to watch those weeds growing and spreading onto our property.  Hopefully after spending all this money he will maintain it.

~ haircut ~  my last haircut appointment was right when they shut salons down and my appointment was cancelled.  So it has been about 4 months since my last haircut.  And if you know me you know I'm a gal who can't stand hair in her eyes.  The struggle has been real!  LOL.  I was a bit nervous, though, going to the salon but all was well, and they had tons of safety protocols in place.  And I now have no hair in my eyes!  :D

~ everything in place ~ this last week I have been finishing up the last of things I need in place to open the dayhome next week.  Though it has been stressful and frustrating (and expensive!)  because I am one who overthinks everything and questions all my decisions once they are made it is all done now and that is a huge relief.  I have actually learned a lot about myself through this process and that is a blessing, too.

~ this study! ~  This came through my facebook feed as a sponsored thing.  I had heard this Christian lady's books were really good and she was offering a free 5 day session on "Overcoming Overwhelmed".  So being super overwhelmed the last few weeks I thought it was pretty timely and I signed up and it has been so good for me.   It offers a short 20 minute or so teaching session and has free worksheets to download.  It is a 5 day challenge this week but I'm linking in the hopes you can still sign up and get it if you want it or need it.  I've found it very encouraging.  And did I mention it's FREE?!!

Christine Caine ~ Overcoming Overwhelmed Challenge

~ simple new recipes ~ not eating out these last months got me to try a few new recipes just to get some variety into our eating.  I've also been challenged because Hubby has cut way back on carbs lately and he was a carb fiend before so I've had to rethink how I cook.  Good thing I like cooking.  LOL.  But I'll be sharing a couple of the recipes with you in the next week because they were easy to do and were delicious.

So that wraps up my favorite blessings this week?  Even in the midst of crazy there is good things to be found if we just take the time to look for them.  What are you're blessings from the last week?










10 comments:

Faith said...

love your list!

I'm taking a "mental health" day off!! and the weather is SOOOOO PERFECT!! I'm about to head to the thrift store to donate FOUR bags of clothing, books and toys my daughters and I gathered during quarantine and the store JUST opened back up to donations on monday so i'm guessing the drive in line will be long. Then I"m headed to a path to walk and FINALLY we can return library books although we still can't browse. we can order online and i tried to get 6 books all are on hold for someone else. GRRRRR.....

i love that your neighbor is finally dealing with his weeds. We don't treat our lawn with any kind of chemical or pesticides but we mow weekly so weeds stay down. We do have clover but the bunny family takes care of that :)

i love how you sound so organized and ready for your dayhome to open. Im praying for you!!

HAve you received the letter and art I sent you?? the post office said it would only take about a week to get to you. I mailed something i believe it was last friday...maybe thursday.

have a wonderful weekend!!

Barbara Harper said...

We've had internet issues the last two days. My youngest wasn't able to work today because he is in IT, and his internet kept dropping out. He commented that it has all run well since he and his dad have had to work from home for a couple of months, so we're about due--but it's still frustrating.

That's great that the neighbor is finally dealing with his weed situation. I am sure it will look so nice when done.

My d-i-l is going to attempt to cut my hair tomorrow. She's nervous, but she's had practice, and I don't have a fussy style. I figure nearly anything is better at this point than the scraggly mop I have.

So glad everything is in place for the dayhome. I'll be looking forward to your recipes--I love simple ones.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am late with my Friday Faves posts today. Sounds like it has been a pretty good week for you. Glad you were able to get your haircut. Feels so good after going without for a long time. Sounds like you are all prepared to open the dayhome again. I hope that you have a good weekend!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you got your internet sorted and were able to post such a great list. Yay for getting your hair done! I'm going to have to wait a bit longer. My roots are about an inch long and I keep trimming my fringe. I might be tempted to get it cut really short and not colour it when I finally can visit the hairdressers. It must be a relief to have your neighbour sort out his garden and to be ready to reopen your home school. I hope that goes well. Enjoy your weekend.

Willow said...

My hubby went for his haircut this week--not like he needed it--haha! He has thick curly hair! I've got my husband back out from under all those waves of hair.
I know you have done A LOT of work to reopen your daycare. I've seen how much work my husband and his team have done to open our church services.

Hurray for a weed free front yard!

Karen said...

Our internet has been okay (knock on wood), but the connection to our printer is driving me crazy. It's always somethin'.

A haircut feels so good! I can live with my gray, but the long hair had to go.

It must be so nice to have your neighbor's yard tidied up. The former neighbor across the street never made landscaping a priority, and it seemed so unfair that we worked so hard, and he got a good view from his front window of our nice yard, and we had to look at his! lol

Have a good weekend!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I haven’t gotten my haircut yet but just before the quarantine I got it much shorter than I’m used to so I’m still going to wait a bit.

Gattina said...

Our hairdressers opened the 18th and I already have to go again ! My hair too hang in my eyes but I cut it a bit meanwhile.
I am in the middle of moving and am exhausted !

ellen b. said...

Woohoo for new views of your neighbors yard. Happy for you. Glad your hair appt went well. It's good to enjoy cooking especially in these times. I can imagine all the boxes that need to get checked off in order to do dayhome again. Glad you are ready! Hope this week goes well.

nikkipolani said...

Oh boy. I can't imagine learning some new cooking routines during a time when grocery shopping can be challenging. So I'm pretty impressed that you're reducing carbs -- my household has seen the opposite. Spaghetti for dinner again? NO PROBLEM.

Glad you will have a reduced weed seed load this year! It was a few years after we moved in before roomie and I had funds enough to work on our yard. And believe me, my neighbors were glad when we finally did!