Friday, March 06, 2020

Friday's Fave Five #574


Hello everyone.  Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Intentionally practicing looking for our blessings and being grateful and thankful is what we are about.  Won't you join us?  If you are new the guidelines are linked in the sidebar.  Have a quick read and then just jump right in.




~ perspective ~  A friend shared this on Facebook last Monday out of her devotional.



What a wonderful reminder that Jesus is Lord of Mondays too and we should approach it with anticipation of what He can and will do.  Monday doesn't change Jesus!  He doesn't approach it with dread.  He alive and at work on Mondays too and is just as big a God as on Sundays.   It's all in OUR perspective.  Take that Monday!

Hebrews 13:8 New Century Version (NCV)

 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever."



 ~ tabbouleh salad ~ also spelled tabouleh or tabouli.  It is a middle eastern salad made of chopped fresh parsley, tomatoes, mint, onion, bulgar (cracked wheat) with lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.  Sometimes garlic is thrown in there too.   I first tasted this salad from a Schwarma booth in the food court of a mall waiting for my flight for my Operation Christmas Child trip last spring.  It was so fresh and delicious.  This weekend my son saw some at a grocery store and bought it home to go with dinner.  While good, it wasn't fresh like the one from the booth.  I haven't made a homemade one yet, but looking up recipes it's so super simple I'm for sure going to put this into my salad rotations.




~ funny memes ~  
I had a good laugh when someone posted this on facebook because it is so true one can only laugh.  We have had a super windy week here.  Then Wednesday we woke up to snow squall warnings.  After  a thick dump of snow, it was melted again from wind within a couple of hours and yesterday was like a beautiful spring day.  Today is supposed to get to 14*C (57*F) and tomorrow it's supposed to be -5*C (23*F) and snowing leaving us with 5-10 cm (2-4 inches ) of the white stuff.  What we wear in the morning is no longer suitable for the afternoon and we don't pack away seasonal clothes as we can literally live all 4 seasons in one day around here.






~ surprise lunch ~  
Yesterday Hubby surprised me with a sushi lunch he brought home.  It was a nice break in the day, I love sushi and I didn't need to make any dinner.  Win, win, win!


~ Watkins Medicated Ointment ~ 
I was really thankful I had this stuff around the house this week.  I've pinched something in my upper back and boy did this help.  I also like that the smell isn't overwhelming like some of these products tend to be.






 What were your favorite blessings that you are thankful for this week?




8 comments:

Faith said...

I'm one of those weirdos who actually like Mondays!! Love that devo!😀💕
I particularly loved them when the girls were.little because it was the one evening where neither one ever had any afterschool activities! And i like the fresh start to a new week.

We've had good tabbouleh and not so good. I made it just once in the last few years and it turned out too sour. My good friend Kathy makes a great tabbouleh dish. It's good either cold or warmed up, glad you like it! The bulger is filled with protein. Is a good choice for plantbased diets.

Your Alberta weather sounds like New England and our Adirondack High Peaks region! We are supposed to hit 55 f this weekend and full sun both days! Yay!!!! Guess what I'm doing tomorrow morning!

That was thoughtful of hubby to bring you a surprise lunch!
Happy weekend!

Barbara Harper said...

That's a good perspective for Mondays or any day we have trouble facing. I've not had tabbouleh salad. Funny meme! We don't have wind like that most of the time, but we've been going back and forth between winter and spring temperatures. How lovely to receive a surprise lunch, especially of a favorite food. I haven't heard of that ointment, but I much prefer products like that with as little scent as possible. I use Icy Hot because it comes in a stick-on pad, a roll-on, or a spray--the latter is helpful for areas I can't reach. It does have more scent than I like, but it fades away pretty quickly.

Susan said...

I really like tabouli salad. Trader Joes makes a great one. I grew up in a city where the wind kicked up each afternoon and we would have to shut the windows no matter the season to keep out the dust. We didn't have air conditioning so it got hot. What a wonderful surprise for lunch that also blessed dinner. God is the God of Mondays even when they happen on Wednesday or any other day you get that Monday feeling. Sounds like a good week. I love seeing others blessing and having to look at my week to see my blessing. It has made me much more aware and there are always so many more I could have posted.

ellen b. said...

I sure enjoy a good Tabbouleh! Ina Garten has a good recipe.
Glad you could get a fun break in your day with lunch delivered.
Funny meme! Happy March to you!

Jerralea said...

I used to say that Mondays were my favorite days of the week because I love new beginnings. But now Saturdays are my favorite day since I started taking personal Sabbaths. I look forward to a day of no work!

A husband that brings home surprise dinners? Priceless!

I had to laugh at your description of Southern Alberta. We describe Southeast Missouri that way, too!

Wendy said...

I look forward to Mondays because I get to spend them with Grandson Rory. How nice of hubby to surprise you and yes making homemade Taboulleh is not difficult. We've had horribly wet and windy weather this past week but not the extremes of temperature you've had to suffer. Hope you can enjoy your weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I love this post - especially the funny meme and the Watkins salve. My mom loved Watkins salve and this post brought up a fond memory of her. Have a good weekend.

Willow said...

What a new lunch surprise! That's so sweet of your hubby.

I've heard people describe Ohio the same way--don't like the weather? Wait five minutes! I know I'm spoiled with my near perfect weather where I live now.

My hubby describes our week as retired people like this: Saturday 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and Sunday.

Here's hoping you have a more temperate week ahead.