Friday, December 13, 2019
Friay's Fave Five #563
Good morning everyone! It's Friday, time to take a pause on the busyness of the week, and just look for blessings from the last week that may have passed us by. It's good to take that time especially in the busyness (and sometimes stress) of the season and remember all that is good in our lives. Please join me in sharing 5 of them.
1. Movie set snow. I know this is a funny kind of one but I love the big, fluffy, light as a feather flake, gentle kind of snow falling, you know...the magical Christmas Eve movie kind. And I woke up to that this morning. It so cozy and beautiful with the city lights reflecting off of it.
2. Seeing Mom's joy. Sunday we had Mom for lunch and when it was time to take her home we made a little detour to a Garden Center that at this time of year is decked out in all things Christmas. While I went out back to get my fresh greenery for my porch pot, she was able to browse around and found a couple of gifts. She was so excited because she can't get out and about all that much anymore and shopping around exhausts her. She was so happy I had convinced her to go. It was fun to watch.
3. Christmas Eve service preparations. I love the Christmas Eve Candlelight service. It's so pretty and meaningful. Tuesday our small group helped prepare by getting all the candles ready. It was a fun, relaxed evening with snacks and visiting while also helping out.
4. Tree is finally up! I usually do all the decorating the 1st weekend of December but the 1st fell on the weekend we were in Calgary with Operation Christmas Child. Finally this weekend the tree and decorations went up. Now it feels more like Christmas and that I'm on track. I love sitting in the morning when I first get up with just the tree lights on. It's so peaceful and pretty.
5. Unexpected Daughter Drop ins. The other day I came home from small group to find my daughter sitting at the table having some supper. It was an unexpected visit and totally made my day. I love that she just comes over whenever she feels like it.
What have been your favorite blessings from the week?