Welcome to Friday's Fave Five!
1. Long weekend. This past weekend was a long weekend here in Canada, Monday being Remembrance Day where we remember our veterans who have fought to keep our country free. Both Hubby and I had not been feeling a hundred percent so we took Sunday off of church and pretty much stayed home the whole weekend. Saturday I forced myself to get a few chores done that couldn't be ignored but Sunday was just for resting up. I'm grateful for the long weekend, for pausing to remember and honor those who have served or are serving now and being thankful for their sacrifice and I'm also thankful for the extra rest it provided.
2. Sweet words from a child. One of my dayhome families went on vacation this week but before they left their sweet little one so genuinely asked me to come on the airplane and boat too with them! It was such a precious moment and just warmed me from the inside out. Love my dayhome kids.
3. New floor being installed. We decided to replace our kitchen flooring. With the heavy traffic and extra punishment it takes with so many little ones all the time, the laminate we had just was not holding up well. I'm very thankful for a hubby who knows about all sorts of aspects of renovating so he is installing the new floor himself. It's a lot of hard work and it always takes longer than what we first imagine but it's coming along great and we both love it and him doing all the labor is saving us lots of money. It's going to hold up way better than what was there before.
4. Co-leader. This year I am sharing the lead of my ladies small group at church. The lady who is co-leading with me is a friend and I've known her for many years. It was a learning curve at first but boy I do appreciate her insight and strength. She has a huge heart filled with compassion and we mesh well together. Where I have a weakness she is stronger and visa versa so we compliment each other well. It has been a huge blessing to me this year.
5. Hubby who keeps my gas tank filled. I am super blessed that I have a hubby who keeps his eye on my gas tank and fills it up when he notices it getting down. Very rarely does it ever get near empty. I was reminded of the fact of how spoiled I am in this regard, when my gas warning bell actually went off last night. He has not been feeling well all week and has been super busy trying to get the floor finished and he wasn't in my car to drive to church on the weekend so he didn't see it was getting low. I must remember to thank him more for doing this for me.
What were your favorite blessings this week?