Friday, November 15, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #559



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five!

1.  Long weekend.  This past weekend was a long weekend here in Canada, Monday being Remembrance Day where we remember our veterans who have fought to keep our country free.  Both Hubby and I had not been feeling a hundred percent so we took Sunday off of church and pretty much stayed home the whole weekend.  Saturday I forced myself to get a few chores done that couldn't be ignored but Sunday was just for resting up.  I'm grateful for the long weekend, for pausing to remember and honor those who have served or are serving now and being thankful for their sacrifice and I'm also thankful for the extra rest it provided.

2.  Sweet words from a child.  One of my dayhome families went on vacation this week but before they left their sweet little one so genuinely asked me to come on the airplane and boat too with them!  It was such a precious moment and just warmed me from the inside out.  Love my dayhome kids.

3.  New floor being installed.  We decided to replace our kitchen flooring.   With the heavy traffic and extra punishment it takes with so many little ones all the time,  the laminate we had just was not holding up well.  I'm very thankful for a hubby who knows about all sorts of aspects of renovating so he is installing the new floor himself.  It's a lot of hard work and it always takes longer than what we first imagine but it's coming along great and we both love it and him doing all the labor is saving us lots of money.  It's going to hold up way better than what was there before.

4.  Co-leader.  This year I am sharing the lead of my ladies small group at church.  The lady who is co-leading with me is a friend and I've known her for many years.  It was a learning curve at first but boy I do appreciate her insight and strength.  She has a huge heart filled with compassion and we mesh well together.  Where I have a weakness she is stronger and visa versa so we compliment each other well.  It has been a huge blessing to me this year.

5.  Hubby who keeps my gas tank filled.  I am super blessed that I have a hubby who keeps his eye on my gas tank and fills it up when he notices it getting down.  Very rarely does it ever get near empty.  I was reminded of the fact of how spoiled I am in this regard, when my gas warning bell actually went off last night.  He has not been feeling well all week and has been super busy trying to get the floor finished and he wasn't in my car to drive to church on the weekend so he didn't see it was getting low.  I must remember to thank him more for doing this for me.


I saw this picture on FB and thought it very much reflected my FFF post this week.  Nothing huge or extraordinary, but just things that were right in front of me, that I needed to intentionally notice.  Practicing gratitude helps me to notice the hand of God in the little things in my life.

What were your favorite blessings this week?









7 comments:

Gattina said...

We also had a long weekend, but most of the people don't even know why, only in TV we saw some comemorations. France and Belgium are the only countries which still have a day off on Nov 11. That's nice that you get a new kitchen floor, I can imagine with all the little once it's quickly used up ! November is not a good month it's grey and dull and we are all a bit affected by that. I have a terrible lack of energy !

a spirit of simplicity said...

I’m so happy for your new floors! It’s wonderful that your hubby is able to do the work! What a sweet little thing for your home care child to say. I work with toddlers and it took me a little while to realize how much faith and love they have in us and for us. They have the sweetest little spirits.

Faith said...

Great list,of faves......sometimes it's in these rough weeks where we really can see that God does have His Hand in our lives even if it's praising him for just the "little" things.
We watched church online this weekend too! For some of the same reasons you did!
How wonderful that your husband is re doing your kitchen floor. Mine can't do stuff like that.....we upgraded to commercial stone back in 2006 and were so glad we did. What kind of flooring are you getting?

That's great to have a co leader. Sometimes i wish i did!

How thoughtful of hubby to keep your car tank full. We all have our own cars so we all just pay attention to our own. But if I'm driving with dave in it for some reason ( rare...we usually take his) then he'll jump out and pump gas for me! That's a true blessing!!

Hope you're feeling better and can enjoy the weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

I was wondering how I forgot about the 3-day weekend, but then remembered no one in the family had Monday off. It's good to remember our Veterans, though--something we don't do enough.

What a sweet experience with your dayhome child. Home projects can be so taxing, but so worth it in the end. I like the idea of co-leadership. It's neat your fellow leader is a friend and you complement each other so well. My husband used to keep my gas tank filled, too, and it was so appreciated. He doesn't drive my car much any more, though, except Sundays. I use the gas station at a grocery store since they award points. But those little acts of service meant more to me, in some ways, than flowers or gifts.

Wendy said...

I'm glad you had the long weekend to rest up and I hope you're both feeling better by now. I drive our car most of the time but it's often hubby who fills the car up

Willow said...

I love that statement! It is TRUTH!
We have the habit of keeping our gas tank half full (considering how many times we have had to evacuate our home...) so we keep a close eye on it. I know I appreciate how my hubby always makes sure there's gas in the tank. Yes, we have thoughtful men in our lives.
Hurray for new flooring!
Have a happy weekend.

ellen b. said...

That's so sweet of that little day home child who wanted to take you on vacation with his family. Love it. Yippee for new flooring! So good when your hubby can do it himself. Happy new week to you.