Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's a time to pause in our everyday and look for the blessings God has brought into our lives in the past week and take a moment to be grateful for them. Won't you join us?
This was a really busy week for me so it's especially important for me to take this time to look for blessings. During busy weeks the chaos and frenzy scream loudly and those moments of blessing can sometimes slip quietly by without being noticed and then I wonder why I am frazzled and grumpy. Being intentional in looking for blessings and being thankful for them refocuses me and centers my soul. Instead of being a whirling dervish, it brings calm. I need this!
1. BookOutlet order savings of $89! Every year BookOutlet (Canada) (U.S.) has a great sale in October. All in stock books, brand new books, are already deeply discounted and then they put them on sale for another 15% off. Then if you're order is $45 or more (in Canada, not sure what it is in the U.S.) you get free shipping. Then on top of that I had a $5 off coupon from my last order! I always order the books I give the dayhome kids for Christmas at this time along with any other books I'm planning on giving for gifts. I even splurged on this series because I got the whole series for the price I would have paid for one book at my local Chapt*rs/Indig* store. All in all my savings came in at $89! That is amazing and I'm so very thankful to have found this online discount store!
2. Treated to Sunday lunch. My mom treated us to lunch on Sunday and left the choice to us so we took her to a favorite Sunday brunch buffet place. There is something delicious for everyone there. Hubby does different things for her and shovels her walks for her in the winter. He won't take the payment she wants to give him so she takes us to lunch once in awhile. A really nice treat.
3. Texts or phone calls from my kids that ask how I made this or that dish that they loved when they lived at home. It's so nice to know that they are now making for themselves and their loved ones.
4. Fall scented hand soaps. With a dayhome for kids we go through TONS of hand soap. I always stock up on the foaming hand soaps at Bath and Body Works when they go on a great sale. I especially like the fall scents and have been enjoying them all.
5. Warm, comfy sweaters. I'm a sweater and cardigan kind of gal so I'm loving fall when I can unpack them and start wearing them. Comfy and cozy is the way to go.
What have been your favorite blessings this week?