Friday, October 11, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #554


Ahhh, it's Friday.  And for us in Canada, it's a long weekend.  Thanksgiving weekend to be exact.  So it's an extra incentive to look for the blessings in our lives and be thankful.  Won't you join in?

1.  Successful Move.  We finally got our youngest daughter moved across town.  It wasn't a big move, basically just her bedroom stuff but the buildup and postponing of it twice made it seem so long.  But it finally happened.  We were blessed with a really nice sunny day, albiet a bit on the windy side, but we Southern Albertans are used to that so it was all good.  She's getting all settled into her new place and suddenly our house seems a bit too large.

2.  Box of tomatoes.  I didn't grow any tomatoes this year but my neighbor blessed me with a big box of red and yellow tomatoes.  We set aside the biggest roundest ones for eating in burgers and sandwiches, shared some and I think with the rest I'm going to try to homemade pico de gallo and salsa.  I see a good feed of nachos in our very near future.

3.  Surprise workday lunch.  On Wednesday, I got a txt from Hubby asking if I'd yet eaten lunch.  I hadn't, so he brought me a bento box home from one of our fave thai style restaurants.  It was a really nice surprise on a very busy day.  And bonus is that there is so much food in these bento boxes I didn't have to cook supper that day.

4.  Turkey Deal.  We weren't sure what was happening this Thanksgiving so I didn't shop for it until last night only to find that all the utility frozen turkeys were gone and they didn't know if they were getting more at the store I usually shop at.  I was going to buy a fresh one only to almost faint dead away in the meat aisle at the price of them.  They had frozen butter infused ones but my daughter is lactose sensitive so that wouldn't do.  So off I ran to another store that I rarely shop at because they are more expensive.  Well I found a perfect sized fresh turkey for about $15 less than at the first store!  What a great deal.  I was so glad.  I was not looking forward to running around at the last minute on Saturday trying to find a turkey.

5.  Down comforter season.  Every year we really look forward to getting our down comforter onto the bed.  It requires the nights to get cold, and that they are doing, setting a cold record for last night, so I finally got the bedding changed out and we had the best sleep last night.  Love that big, puffy comforter inside a comfy duvet cover.  It's light but warm and making the bed is super simple in the mornings.





Thank you for joining me in developing the practice and habit of continually looking for our blessings and thanking the Lord for them.

And Happy Thanksgiving for my Canadian blogging friends.

What were your favorite blessings that you found this week?





6 comments:

Susan @ FruitfulWords said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Suzanne. That was certainly a blessing to find the turkey and at such a good price.
Hooray for getting your daughter all moved. It must seem strange that the house seems too big now.
That was sure sweet of your husband to bring you a surprise lunch. And what a bonus that you didn’t have to cook dinner.
I’ve never made pico de gallo. That was your sweet of your neighbor to get you a box of tomatoes. There’s nothing like a fresh tomato in a hamburger or Sandwich. Enjoy!
I hope your week brings you just what you need.
Blessings, Susan from FruitfulWords

Barbara H. said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm glad your daughter's move was able to finally be accomplished and everything went well. It's a nice thing when neighbors share their garden produce. How sweet to get a surprise lunch treat! yay for finding a good deal on the turkey!

Patti said...

Hi Susanne, it's been several months since I have popped by. I've been on a long blog break, but it has come to an end. I am excited to be visiting my blog friends again...and I hope to be going "public" again with my own blog very soon.

I love homegrown tomatoes! What a sweet and flavorful gift from your neighbor!

I don't have a down comforter, but I do have winter blankets that have been gotten out for the season. I love the coziness of blankets and fireplaces on these chilly nights.

What a sweet husband you have. A Thai food lunch sounds yummy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Blessings,
Patti

ellen b. said...

Happy to hear that move finally was accomplished. I always love a bargain and that was a good idea to try the second store. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Karen said...

Love your list this week. That winter bedding is something I always look forward to also. How nice for your daughter to be settled in. I know what you mean about the house seeming so empty. You'll get used to it though! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Susanne!

Wendy said...

Happy Thanksgiving! I missed the blog hop on Friday - again! But I do enjoy catching up with everyone else.