Friday, July 19, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #542


UPDATED WITH MR. LINKY  sorry didn't copy and paste it correctly the first time


We are in the middle of lazy, hazy  cooler, cloudy days of summer.  It's mid July and we in Alberta a wondering if summer is going to get here.  We've had some hot days here and there but it seems there is way more cloudy and cooler moments than hot and sweltering ones.  It's a weird year to me.  But the days are still chugging along sort of melting into one another and the calendar says summer is still clipping along.  All the more reason to pause and note the blessings in the moment lest they escape me.  Please join in.  The link to the guidelines is in the sidebar.

1.  Church Summer Fest An annual event started last year was a great success again this year.  It's an outreach event with the church service, bbq, petting zoo, bouncy castles, balloons, face painting and lots of fun for kids.  It is well advertised and all are welcome.  This year we had about 6 families from the neighborhood come just because they saw fun stuff for the kids going on.  It's a great way to get to know those in the neighborhood and an easy way to invite people to church.  It's so much fun and tons of food to share.  I may or may not have had to drag my husband away from the goats and llamas.

2.  Vacay through pictures  My daughter and her hubby are vacationing in the Okanagan which is chock full of memories for our family.  That was one of our favorite vacation spots when the kids were growing up and we tried to go there as often for holidays as we could manage.   My great son-in-law is sending me lots of fun pictures and I am enjoying seeing them making their own memories there.  I really appreciate that they think of me.

3.  Ginger Beer  I love a really spicy ice cold ginger beer once in awhile and I found one I really like.  It's naturally flavored and in a smaller bottle which is just the right size for me.  If you like a ginger beer that is hot and sweet then give this a try.





4.  The color of this rose   My daughter received a bouquet of mixed roses and this color just stands out to me.  I find it stunning and dreamy.  Makes me smile every time I look at it.  Being able to see colors is such a blessing.





5.  Quick but wonderful visit My daughter and her hubby stopped here on their way to their vacation in British Columbia.  I know we just saw them a couple of weeks ago but I love anytime my children can come home.  I we usually only get to see them two or three times a year so any time they can manage to come by I'll take it.  We had a great visit, enjoyed some delicious Indian food with them and our younger daughter and even watched the Street Machine Weekend cruise for a bit with them.  Then they were off the next day.  Thankful for the extra time with them!





What were your favorite blessings from the past week that you'd like to share with us?








9 comments:

a spirit of simplicity said...

Wonderful to be able to spend time with your daughters! I am going to look for that ginger beer. I’ve never had ginger beer before but I love ginger.

Faith said...

I'm up and running but your linky isn't appearing on here??

Barbara Harper said...

The church summer fest sounds like so much fun, and an unintimidating way for visitors to come. That's so great that you got an extra little visit in with your kids, and it's wonderful they send you photos from their vacation, especially from a spot that has meaning for your family. That rose is stunning - I have never seen anything like it.

Anonymous said...

The rose is beautiful!!
Always nice to spend time with our children and families.
Also - I've enjoyed reading your post about the OCC Costa Rica trip, and look forward to future posts. --Ann

Wendy said...

Family time is the best and that rose is so pretty!

Willow said...

Any amount of time spent with adult kids is so precious! I'm glad you had that 'extra' weekend with your daughter and son-in-law.
I'm not a beer person--you can have mine. Give me a hard cider :)
Have a happy weekend!

Faith said...

Yeah for time wth,your,daughter and yay for son in law sending,photos of a fave vacation spot!

The church fest sounds wonderful. We did that years ago when our church was much smaller. Now with an average of 800 per service and 4 sites, we really can't do it. But we offer a great youth group program year round for teens and amy one in the teen years can go not just church teens, and we do VBS in various neighborhoods.

That rose is soooo pretty!!!! Dreamy is a good word!


I'm not a fan of ginger beer but i do like the Seagrams black. Cherry fizz beer.

Hope,your summer weather improves!!!

Susanne said...

Willow: Ginger beer is not actually beer. It's more a sweet, spicy pop. No alcohol at all.

ellen b. said...

I'm with you enjoying anytime our kids come to visit. We are fans of Ginger Beer here, too. It's a refreshing drink especially after mowing the lawn. Hope your week is starting off well.