Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #539



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five everyone.  Are you ready to pause and think about what was good blessings in your life this last week.  Are you willing to take the focus off the hard, the negative and the mundane and find blessings that God is giving you.  If so please join us.  Guidelines are linked in the sidebar, then just join on in.

1.  Ladies Study Wrap Up ~ It was a great year in my ladies bible study group.  We did some great studies, had in-depth and honest discussions, made some new friends, stood by to support each other.  We celebrated the last night before summer break with a dinner out to just enjoy each other's company.  The meal was delicious and the chatter lively and fun.  I'm so blessed to have this group of ladies in my life.

2.  Flowers blooming.  The planters on my front step are doing beautifully now that we are having some warm days.  It makes me happy to see the cheerful colors and beauty of the blooms.



3.  New fence going up.  Something I never thought would happen and it makes me very, very happy.  It will be going from 3 feet to 6 total with the concrete footing and fence.  This year we'll do one section and next year we'll finish it off.  Our alley is very busy with cars trying to avoid the school zone in front when it is busy or parents changing the direction by going through the alley.  It is also busy with lots of foot traffic.  This has made me always feel quite exposed and on display.  But I could never quite convince my hubby that it was a need and not just a want.  Matter of perspective.  :)  But all of a sudden it's becoming a reality.  Yipee.

4.  Creamsicle cheesecake.  Oh my goodness.   My tastebuds were doing the happy dance with this one.  It was as good as it sounds and then some!

5.  Answers to prayer.  I had an issue that was of my own making within my job, and I wasn't quite sure which direction to go.  It felt like I had my back against the wall with no way out and it was very stressful.  My ladies group prayed with me and for me and in my private devotionals I would also lift it before the Lord and tried to cast that care onto Him as the Word says to do believing He heard and would answer.  And He did. Praise God!  He bought the solution and it works perfectly.  I am so thankful God cares about each one of us and the things that concern us.  And I am grateful for the privilege of taking things to Him in prayer.

What were your favorite blessings from the week?




6 comments:

Gattina said...

We have a heatwave and I try not to move more then necessary ! All that without aircondition only in the car !
I love your bicycle with flowerpots.

Faith said...

Susanne, your flowers are stunning!! I just love them! And praise God for answers regarding your work situation. That must be a huge relief whatever issue was. I love when God makes things clear to us.

Congrats on getting the fence! that must make you so happy.

How fun to have an end of the study dinner. I need to do something like that for my group next semester.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Barbara Harper said...

The flowers are so pretty! What a great time with your Bible Study group. That's great about the fence!I think I'd want a fence there, too, under those circumstances. I like having a certain portion fenced off, anyway, just for privacy. What a blessing to hear about that answer to prayer.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful flowers!! -Ann
(I'm having a problem logging in to leave a comment that way.)

nikkipolani said...

Always so encouraging when we have the privilege of seeing God at work — so pleased to hear there was good resolution in your case.
Sweet flowers. I especially like those sunshiny begonias.

ellen b. said...

PTL for the answered prayer and yippee for the new fence. Sounds like a great solution for your peace. Happy Canada Day weekend to you!